What's the best meal(s) you've ever cooked?

I don’t make anything very complicated, but I’ve got my favorites: Grilled chicken and vegetable pasta, baked walleye and perch, city chicken, fried corn with peppers and bacon and ginger jasmine rice.

At a place I used to work, a bunch of us went to an Italian place for lunch. One of my co-workers and I got the same thing, chicken in white sauce over pasta. We both agreed that it was fantastic. A day or two later I decided that I was going to replicate it at home. I have almost no talent for cooking and no idea what the heck I was doing. I went to the store and bought a bunch of stuff I guessed they might have used. The only two things I knew they used were wine and green onion. I grabbed a random bottle of cooking wine, some green onions and went home and had at it.
It turned out great! It is probably the best thing I’ve ever cooked. I took what little was left over to work and gave it to the co-worker. She agreed that I nailed it. I should have kept making it but I never attempted it again.

My other thing is I make a pretty mean Asian-ish spicy kabob.

Once I had some corned beef left over from St Paddy’s Day, and I made corned beef hash with it. It was the best corned beef hash I’ve ever had in my life. Many times since I’ve tried to replicate it, and I always fall a little short. But hope springs eternal…

The best dish I can cook consistently is pot roast in foil. Using three-foot-wide aluminum foil, make up a packet with a pot roast, some carrots, some chunked onion, and some potatoes. Cover that with a couple packets of onion soup mix; add perhaps a quarter-cup of water and seal the foil packet. Bake at 350F for two or three hours.

I have a spaghetti sauce recipe that I have been working on since I was a teenager. It evolves over time and some ingredients make the permanent list and some don’t. It is always a good time spending a day in the kitchen making spaghetti