What's the difference in effect between a fermentation bucket and a demijohn (or carboy, etc)

Well, mixing won’t be a problem. The recipe I’m following doesn’t require any stirring between mixing everything and racking (I’m planning to do all the stirring and aerating in a pan before siphoning it into the first demijohn and leaving it to ferment. After taking a hydrometer reading, of course. My plan is pretty much;

[ol]
[li]Boil 6 pints of water to make sure it’s clean, add the honey. Use another pint to rinse out the jars to make sure I’ve got all of it.[/li][li]Activate the yeast. Prepare the nutrient. Add them when it’s cooled, top it all up to a gallon and take a hydrometer reading (yeah, technically I’m supposed to do that before adding the yeast, but I’d imagine measuring AG before diluting it further will throw things off far more than a bit of yeast could manage in a minute or two).[/li][li]Stir/aerate the mixture.[/li][li]Siphon it into my first demijohn and add a sliced up orange and a couple of cloves for flavour (and extra food for the yeast).[/li][li]Plop on the airlock and wait until it’s ready to rack.[/li][/ol]

quibble
Blackberry melomel

Counter-quibble; hypernym.