What's the dope on "The Secret" and "The Laws of Attraction"

So, I can use The Secret to get rid of zombies?

By the same token, could starving people in Africa get some food if they used The Secret?

I do think there is some truth to it in the sense that a good deal of our behavior is unconscious rather than conscious, giving the illusion of ‘the secret’. Someone who has been abused or violated may end up sending unconscious signals that abusers (who themselves probably witnessed/experienced abuse) pick up on, and revictimization happens.

I don’t necessarily agree with the quantum physics ‘ask and it is given’ aspect of the secret. But I do think our unconscious personality can send signals that other people pick up on, and can make us filter certain input. Someone who hates themselves will ignore 99 people who like them and focus on the 1 who hates them. So you can also filter stimuli unconsciously until you end up believing what you want to believe, even if you don’t consciously know why you want to believe X over Y.

However, evenso, I don’t know if we know how to change the unconscious personality. Is it a coincidence when someone who has been badly abused as a child ends up in one relationship after another that is abusive (when many people will never have that string of bad luck)? No. But do we know how to change those unconscious signals, behaviors and filters? I don’t know.

I wish I had an example other than abuse for this, but I don’t. meh.

But I’ve heard of studies where the brain reacts to images before they are even shown on a computer, or where concentration can slightly alter the direction of random lights flashing. So who knows if that can be verified and extrapolated to impacting human affairs.

http://www.mindpowernews.com/ExploreFutureConsciousness.htm

Apparently this thread is 3 years old. Is Themistocles263 just a computer program that goes onto message forums, types in ‘the secret’ and gives that speil or something?