What's the name for that piece of furniture that sits at the foot of the bed?

No one has said it yet, so, blanket box.

Voting for either hope chest or cedar chest.

Hope chests or blanket chests.
They’re the same thing, different names.

Ours is a hand-made cedar chest.

Well I was going to say scotch chest, but a quick google told me I was WRONG.

You can try SEA CHEST if you like…with a sample here http://www.castlehill.co.nz/finishing.html

I googled this question and it jogged my memory as I myself couldn’t remember the name. You have probably already got your answer, this thread is 5 years(+/- some months). But I believe you were looking for banquette(ban•ket). Yes?

“Pouf” or “pouffe.” Fun word.

We have a Lane’s cedar chest at the foot of our bed. This one has a padded top, but my mother’s didn’t and I haven’t seen too many padded ones. It’s made of cedar, of course ( which is why it’s a cedar chest). If I were to hear hope chest I would think of the same thing, only in oak or mahogany. I keep sweaters and throws in it.

I always said blanket chest and that’s basically what I use it for.

A chest with a padded lid is an ottoman. A round, or sometimes square stuffed footstool is a pouffe.

zombie or no

blanket chest or hope chest (regional)

for those that have the Lane brand. you should not have a self locking one (not a danger to kids). if you don’t have one with a safer lock you can get a replacement lock from them.

Huh…
I posted on this almost 5 years ago…

Seeing the title made me suddenly flash on Glory Box, which is what my Mother called hers…(and please, no dirty jokes)

Blanket chest. Ours is from IKEA like the rest of our furniture.

Rule number 5 – no pouffes!