What's the Worst Christmas Album of All Time?

As featured on South Park, Wing.
A couple of the local DJs played stuff from this record along with commentary.
un-fucking-believeable.
Yes she is real.
Yes it is horrible

I know there will be hard rebuttals for this from diehard fans, but for those who haven’t heard it yet, check out Bob Dylan’s 2009 Christmas In The Heart. Bob has never been a great singer, but I’ve always been really impressed with his impressive writing and heartfelt performances.

However, this album is so hilariously BAD BAD BAD! that I had to buy it and supplement his retirement income. Just listen to “Hark the Herald Angels” and try not to laugh at its incredible horrendosity!

Bring it on…I know you Dylan fans want to castrate me.

Merry Christmas

That was great. They really worked hard on coming up with different ways and angles to present the syllables.

Also not a Christmas album but it certainly belongs in a thread with “worst” in the title:

O Holy Crap

http://www.thesneeze.com/mt-archives/000570.php

The description might peak your interest: “What I love about it is just when you think it couldn’t possibly get any worse, it does. By a lot. And it does this more than once, building to the most glorious mess I’ve ever heard. I smile every time I hear it.”

I once read that his version of I’ll be home for Christmas sounded more like a threat than a promise

It’s an awesome album… Throwback music, album cover… With a lead singer who sounds like a drunken old man singing his heart out… Hark the herald angels especially so

Maybe you’ll like the new Bieber Xmas album.

When did Tiny Tim and Yoko Ono have a kid?

After seeing Wing on South Park I got one of her albums for the current girlfriend. Now former girlfriend, for some reason.

Band Aid 2 - Do They Know It’s Christmas?

Band Aid 20 - Do They Know It’s Christmas? (a travesty and with rap :()

Dallas Cowboys Christmas '86 - *Christmas in Dallas*

Not the worst album, but the biggest Christmas song disappointment I’ve heard in recent years is Aretha Franklin’s “Angels We have Heard on High.”

I expected so much from the Queen of Soul. She absolutely butchered it.

http://www.amazon.com/Angels-We-Have-Heard-High/dp/B002QVXFDA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1324768487&sr=8-1

Well if anyone has a strong stomach here are a couple of you tube clips
Santa Claus in a helicopter <-Christmas rap
Silent Night
You have been warned.

There is a winner, and it is Santa Claus Was My Lover (warning: might be NSFW), by the Houston band Culturcide, backed with Depressed Christmas.

A Michael Jackson cover done by an industrial band, and with hack jokes that were tasteless at the time. It doesn’t get any worse than this.

My chorus did this 10 years ago. 85 gay men, each with his own hand-made (fabulous) sign.

The Jingle Cats hands down.
Runners up:
Don HO Christmas album for being simply annoying
The Star Wars Christmas album Who should be blamed for this? What was it that made someone think this was a good idea?

“Happy Holidays” by Billy Idol. Yes, a Christmas album from Billy Idol. I was expecting an album along the lines of “Yellin’ at the Christmas Tree.” Boy, was I disappointed. He sings everything straight-up. No excesses, no enthusiasm, as bland as could be.

Bowsers like “Jingle Bell Rock.”

“White Christmas”

“Frosty the Snowman”

Billy is not a crooner. I’ve heard more soul out of Hall and Oates. Keep clear of this one.

Sonny & Cher - The Christmas Collection

Cher: “Woah holay naght…”

Some guy (who’s no longer popular, I don’t think) sang Siiiiilent Naaaaaaght, Hohllllly Naaaaaaght.

Wasn’t John Mellecamp and it wasn’t Dylan. Some Country/Crossover guy!

I know y’all can help me find this dude!

Thanks

Q

Under 20 seconds for me.

If he could give the Mony, Mony treatment to Christmas songs, I might be interested.

I’m finding the Aretha Franklin song far far worse than the Wing offering. At least Wing is trying to sing normally.

Harry Connick jr. -When My Heart Finds Christmas

I just don’t find Connick’s jazz style compatible with traditional Christmas music.
Now, if he had sung the songs traditionally, I would have loved it.

I listened to the entire album several times before deleting it off my mp3 player. Just didn’t like his style.

previews of each song here…

:smiley: :smiley: I’m reading the 50 Worst Christmas albums list right now.
Connick’s is #14 worst.

So I’m not the only one that thinks his jazz style doesn’t work for Christmas songs.

It’s so hard to pick a “worst” xmas recording because the subject matter is so abysmal to begin with.