What's the worst final movie of an actor's career?

Have you seen “Ed Wood”? Rent it. It helps.

ultrafilter just reminded me of Sorrell Booke, who also ended his career by doing voicework for animated features. His final credit was Tiny Toon Adventures: How I Spent My Vacation, before that was Rock-A-Doodle.

Don’t forget John Candy’s performance in the lackluster Wagons East shortly before his death.

And hey…Welles was brilliant as Unicron, darnit.

One assumes that the remake of Planet of the Apes will be Charlton Heston’s final film. For a great career of playing in some really well done films, it is something of an ignoble end.

One hopes that whatever Pauli Shore did last will be his final film.

According to IMDB, Sellers died 24 July 1980. Trail of the Pink Panther was released in 1982. Blake Edwards used clips from previous Pink Panther movies to fake a new appearance by Sellers.

No, David Niven died during the filming of the final Pink Panther film, Curse of the Pink Panther(starring Ted Wass of Soap), in 1983. But Rich Little did dub Niven’s lines because the motor neuron disease that ended Niven’s life had robbed him of his voice.

[nitpick]That wasn’t the final Pink Panther film - 1993’s Son of the Pink Panther was.[/nitpick]

I must second Sextette—unwatchable. Groucho Marx’s Skidoo, Ginger Rogers’ Harlow and Frances Farmer’s The Party Crashers stunk up their batting averages, too. Must have made Garbo thankful for Two Faced Woman.

Then there’s Bardot’s Ms. Don Juan (1973) - at least I think that was her last one.

Was American Presidents Jack Lemon’s last film? Not a total disaster obviously; he was co-lead in a major studio release. But it was a pretty bad movie and probably not the one he would have chosen as his final performance.

I see no one has mentioned Ray Milland’s last film: Serpiente de Mar. English title: Hydra-monster of the Deep.

And I liked The Hunter. :frowning:

Robert Mitchum’s last movie was some horrible Police Academy knockoff, except with firemen.

Lordy, lordy, Jeff, if you were gonna link to something about Sextette, here’s something even better than the IMDB entry: Jabootu’s review of Sextette.

Jabootu quotes contemporary critic Vincent Canby:

Yeah, I liked The Hunter, too. I thought it was especially cool that Steve McQueen’s last movie was about a bounty hunter.

Though on TV, I would think Tuesdays With Morrie (sp?) was his last film. Not a bad way to go out!

My last post referred to Jack Lemmon of course.

Walter Matthau’s last movie was the weepy chick-flick Hanging Up. Not terrible, but I doubt that’s how he would have wanted to go off.

And I agree: nobody but Orson Welles could pull off the role of a giant planet-eating robot.

Vic Morrow died making “Twilight Zone: The Movie”. Decapitation is not my 1st choice for a way to go.

You think it’s bad because you like “The Hunter”? I like Paulie Shore :frowning:

You’re thinking of My Fellow Americans. Lemmon did plenty after that, including Out to Sea, Tuesdays with Morrie, and even a cameo in The Legend of Bagger Vance.

Robert Mitchum was also in Dead Man, an excellent existentialist Western by Jim Jarmusch that was released in 1995, I think after he made Backfire!, that crappy Police Academy ripoff.

Another occurred to me, since I just saw an ad for it: Queen of the Damned, for Aaliyah. Not that she had a long career or anything, but I thought she was good in Romeo Must Die.