What's Wrong with German Soccer?

Here is the real reason they lost:

I can only imagine how many goals Spain would have won by if their national anthem had any words.

At least Jogi Loew now knows how to train for WC 2014. “Everybody after me! DANACH LASST UNS ALLE STREBEN! Louder, Mesut!”

Incidental to the main question about the German national team - the Bundesliga is looked at with envy here in the UK from the point of view of the fan. Affordable tickets, standing on the terraces - and still enough quality on the pitch to be a major world football league. I’m sure they have their problems, but compared to the international cunt circus that is the UK premiership it looks pretty good.

Neuville has a close chance early in the second half and Ziege had a shot saved by Marcos when it was already 2 -0. That’s about it. The Germans won matches by 1-0 from the Quaters onwards against Paraguay, the US and S Kirea and they really should have lost to the US.

I know very little about soccer/football worldwide but I was under the impression that the German leagues (Bundelsiga) is run different from other leagues. You don’t have owners like you have with Chelski, ManUre or Real Madrid that look to make every possible dollar/euro they can. To do so, they have to get even better players to bring in more money with higher prices, better coaches, etc. “Busy Scissors” mentions the Germans have more affordable ticket prices and other things. That is great from a fan’s perspective. But if you are not all out committed to winning, with the nasty greedy side effects that come with it, will you win a whole lot?
Here in the states with the almost 80 year Baseball All Star game between the leagues, you have had three distinct phases. The American league dominated the first 15 years, the National League dominant for about 35 years for various reasons (more NL clubs signed Black and Latin players than AL clubs, the NL ended up with more astro turf fields which were hard to adapt to, many AL stars stopped caring after Ted Williams retired in 1960). But for the last 20 years, the AL has dominated (did the DH rule create a situation where more veteran sluggers ended up in the junior circuit and pitchers learned to survive or else?).
It could just be a random walk and Germany could dominate for the next decade.

Brazil, France and Spain are the primary reasons.

World Cup
'94 Brazil
'98 France
'02 Brazil
'06 Italy
'10 Spain

Euro Cup
'00 France
'04 Greece
'08 Spain
'12 Spain