What's your "doing it" music?

Why Don’t we do it in the Road doesn’t seem to work at all.

On the other hand, the entirety of Massive Attack’s Mezzanine album has always been the gold standard for this sort of thing, IMO.

I always wondered why Wagner’s Prelude and leibestold didn’t start up…

Well, it’s only 1:41 long, so I can see why it would make for a less than satisfactory session.

None. Tried it in college. We both agreed it was cheesy.

Yeah, I’ve never once deliberately put on music to boink, and neither has any woman I’ve been with.

Sometimes the radio or TV might be on in the background, but that’s not really the same thing.

I’m partial to “Bolero”.

You could hurt yourself.

Haven’t really done it to music since my early 20s, but Massive Attack’s Mezzanine had the right vibe to it.

ETA: Oh, I see I’m not the only one…

Please don’t think less of me, but it used to be Kenny G.

I’m so embarrassed.

Whatever she wants.

The music from NFL Films.

The only one that made me smile. Nicely done.

Generally the same here. My ex made me an iTunes playlist early in our relationship (I guess it’s the modern equivalent of a mix tape), and every time it got played, we always seemed to be going at it by the time Feelin’ Love by Paula Cole was playing; we didn’t put it on specifically to have sex, but it did seem to be a bit of an aphrodisiac.

Oddest “background” song: very early in the relationship with my now ex-wife, we were together in the bedroom, playing and getting more exploratory, and we finally decided to consummate things. Yep, our first time. Right as we began, the television, tuned to MTV, began playing this song, which is pretty much the antithesis of romantic/sexy music.

You’re a depraved individual!

This thread reminds me of Dr. Evil cue-ing up the Marvin Gaye…

Great line!

Count me among those who has never put on a soundtrack for sex.

I wonder if it’s about being a ‘lyrics’ person . . . like, I don’t know, I’d feel like I should be acting out the words in the song or something.

My ex and I used to love Maxwell’s Urban Hang Suite album. Not sure what I’d listen to now… it’s been so long I have no idea. :frowning:

I’m far to conscious of music and lyrics to feel very comfortable with background music to that sort of thing. Even if there happens to be a suitable tune, then once that finishes there’ll be a (pregnant?) pause before something jarring appears.

And a 21st century iTunes playlist would seem all too contrived.

I remember at university a girl putting on the Vangelis ‘Love Theme’ from the Bladerunner soundtrack while we were at it. Ridiculously overblown and melancholy with the most rasping, sleazy saxophone I can imagine. Only funny in hindsight.

Massive Attack and Portishead

Shake Ya Ass by Mystikal gets the party started, then whatever’s on iTunes randomly, usually something terrible that gets turned off. This is a rare occasion, known as “his lucky day,” and usually no music is involved.

ETA: the dancing like a ho is the lucky day, not that the doin’ it day is the lucky day. That day is called Wednesday. I’m a laff riot!