What's your favorite fruit? I've fallen for pomegranates.

Speaking of pomegranates, I’m sure you all remember Greek mythology – how Persephone has to stay in Hades during the winter months because Hades tricked her into eating six pomegranate seeds.

I’ve never been able to understand how she only ate six of the seeds. The pomegranates I’ve eaten have hundreds of the tasty things.

PS – Like the poster, I have come to like pomegranates a great deal.

I love rotten bananas. The local 7-eleven sells them to me for half price.

My absolute most favorite fruit is Asian apple pears. I’ll eat three of them in one sitting. They are so sweet and juicy.

Try this: slice a fairly ripe banana lengthwise and put in the microwave for 45-60 seconds (experiment with the time). Squeeze fresh lime juice over it. Divine!

If you don’t like bananas, especially the smell of bananas, you probably won’t like this. The microwaving changes the texture, concentrates the essence of banana-ness, and elevates the fruit to something heavenly.

Raspberries, as long as I don’t find a moldy one hidden at the heart of the container. They don’t have a long shelf life–3 or 4 days if they’re fresh when purchased at best–and so must be eaten quickly.

Well, you know how when you’re on a first date with someone you REALLY like, and you don’t want to scare them away? And you order the salad instead of like bbq ribs and then only nibble it? Pretty sure that’s what happened.

Red or black raspberries? My great grandpa swore the red ones tasted like bedbugs smell!

Huh. You know, if I’m on a date with someone I really like I’ll order the steak or BBQ ribs or fried chicken or whatever “scary” food I like to eat because, honestly, if someone is going to dump me over that I want to know sooner rather than later.

So far it’s worked pretty well.

You have not lived until you go to India during the mango season! There are dozens of varieties that are each available for only a short portion of the season (the season itself is only 3-4 months long). Oh! The smell in the markets!

My very favorite has been nectarines, since I was about ten.

I like all of the above, especially pineapple and cherries, especially from Washington State. But how many of you have ever tried cherimoya, aka custard apple. It is divine. I once saw one in NYC, but basically they are found only in the Caribbean. They are similar to soursop but better.