What's your favorite James Bond theme song?

Live and let die ,but just to be controversial ,my favourite Bond movie is You only live twice .

The only good thing about Swept Away is the making-of on the DVD where M and G spend half an hour making fun of each other.

“I only work with really well-hung directors,”
“If you turn an M upside-down, it looks just like a G!”
“You gave me a plastic f-ing flower? I am SO OVER this low-budget f-ing film!”

Anyway, even though DAD is one of my favourite M songs, I like Nobody Does It Better. Shirley Bassey makes me break out in hives.

I agree! I hated the video opening montage in the movie, and the song didn’t do a lot for me the first time I heard it. But I heard Audioslave perform it on some talk show rerun recently and was pleasantly surprised. I’ve only ever heard the song twice and it’s growing on me.

I can’t really put them in order, but the top tier for me is:
The World is Not Enough
We’ve Got All the Time in the World
Goldfinger
You Know My Name

I do find myself absentmindedly humming Live and Let Die, but that’s not necessarily an endorsement.

Goldfinger/Diamonds Are Forever/Moonraker (they’re really all the same tune with different words to my untrained ear)
For Your Eyes Only
Nobody Does It Better
A View To A Kill
All Time High (Octopussy)
Live and Let Die

Sir Rhosis

It didn’t hurt that it was a great song – the best of the Bond songs, IMO. Yoko Ono probably could have redeemed herself with that song.

Same here. I also like the Living Daylights. After that, I turn the movie off.

I like “View to a Kill,” but only the instrumental versions used in the score.

“We Have All the Time in the World”—that’s definately a favorite, instrumental or vocal. (Depressing, but good.)

Another vote here for GoldenEye.

I think the parts with Sophie Marceau more than make up for the parts with Denise Richards.
Tomorrow Never Dies is still my favorit eBrosnan Bond, mainly because of Michelle Yeoh.

Any way, the worst Bond song has to be the execrable campfest that is Madonna’s Die Another Day. “Hey, Sigmud Freud, analyze this” WTF?
“All Time High” is mysecond least favorite, but it’s still way better than “DAD”.
“You KNow My Name” has grown on me, but Cornell still sounds like he’s singing after a shot of novacaine.

She deserved to be in a much better movie.

I totally agree. Teri Hatcher, though, was embarassingly bland, and Jonathon Pryce just humiliated himself as a grotesque parody of a villian.

Stranger

Live and Let Die because it’s just an awesome song. Also, if you can find the lyrics for the never-recorded Weird Al version (“Chicken Pot Pie”), it’s quite amusing.

I’m surprised there are so few mentions of From Russia With Love, sung by the sublime Matt Monro.

Actually her best movie was probably “Desperately Seeking Susan” followed by “Dick Tracy.” She was too old to play Eva Peron when she finally got the chance but she did a decent job. She’s a decent actor in a limited range, but the same can be said for a lot of movie stars who take far less heat than Madonna does.

IMO the #2 spot is “Dangerous Game”, which wasn’t really a movie so much as a performance/conceptual art piece by Abel Ferrara. The principle was the same as DSS: it was impossible to tell when M had to “act”, and when she just had to be herself.

Back on topic, it should probably be noted that Die Another Day was written before Madonna signed on to do the theme, and they just kind of shoehorned it in there. It was one of the only survivors of Madonna’s sessions with Mirwais for the American Life album.

Sorry, I meant Michel Colombier, not Mirwais. My bad.