When and what vaccines do I need to go to East Africa?

Mods - I put this in GQ because I thought it was more about fact rather than opinion, but, since it’s here now, feel free to merge it with my other Africa thread.

Travel clinics, huh? Ignorance fought. I never knew about them, but I’ve never traveled anywhere more exotic than France and Germany. Good to know, though.

Travel clinics are rarely covered on regular health insurance. Start with your insurance company- mine covered vaccinations if I got them at Walgreens, but not anywhere else.

Safari tour companies provide food from safe locations like South Africa. We went on safaris with two different companies and never had gastric issues. It’s still a good idea to take Immodium tablets with you.

I also had no gastric issues in East Africa (Uganda). But, yeah, always carry the Immodium just in case.

Only drink bottled water. Only eat peeled or cooked fruit and vegetables.

And, on the subject of food: lots of food in East Africa is bad. Not, like, make-you-sick bad, but poorly prepared and spiced and kinda flavorless. Blame the British. Not all of it, obviously, but lots. The main exception is Ethiopian food, which is amazing.