Where can I find people who wear gas masks?

I was going to put my wife down on the list (a couple of hours after I’ve eaten cauliflower) but that just wouldn’t be gentlemanly now, would it?:smiley:

The military has to do regular gas hut training - you can probably search for “gas hut training”

Chemical companies for certain. I have two fitted for me and tested every year. I’ve worn them a few times as a precaution. Carbon nanotubes are a serious inhalation hazard when they are free flowing.

Just to allay any concerns, in devices they will not be free flowing and in such small quantities to be non-hazardous. I wouldn’t eat my computer displays either.

Let Me Google That For You.

just in case anybody want to see a couple of dozen pics ofpeople with gas masks
( most living in the only country which hands out gas masks to every citizen)

Funny, this thread is the second link.

We use a imagery database at work defenseimagery.mil You can search for anything. It’s a little clunky but I usually find the images I’m looking for.

I wear one when I go to the races and am around burnt nitromethane fumes (which contain nitric acid)

Google images isn’t clunky, and you can search for anything.

How does that help the OP take pictures?

Maybe it would give him some ideas?

If you’re actually taking pictures of people wearing gas masks who actually need to be wearing them at the time of the photo - i.e. people actually at work, not posed - then you’ll also need a gas mask, I would think.

No, really, though. How does either google or google image searching “people wearing gas masks” do anything for the OP, who wants to take new pictures? You were certain enough that it was an easy/stupid question that you went to the trouble of giving a LMGTFY link, after all.

No problem, Dude. Obviously you have a better idea. Let’s hear it.

In you typical urban area, the simplest solution is to find a pest controller.

Call your local pest control firm and go with them when they fumigate a house. Whoever is responsible for ventilating the house at the end of the process will be using a gas mask.

Go to Israel. It is required that every citizen own one (issued by the defense force) and be trained in its use.

I’m not sure if that’s true. When I lived in Israel, they distributed gas masks in 2003 due to the imminent war in Iraq, but most people didn’t have one before then. IIRC correctly, the government collected them again a few years later.

Well, of course everyone had one and put it on during the Gulf War in 1991, when gas attacks were possible w/ each Scud launch. The Israeli government will again distribute gas masks to every citizen. It’s sad.

There was a big replacement and redistribution drive just recently. Homefront Command had a center at a Home Depot (of all places); we went there last fall to pick ours up.