Which Fitness Classes Would You Take?

Bizarre.

I think what you meant is “I prefer to not utilize treadmills and weight machines.”

Having somebody who isn’t familiar with the motions and who isn’t already conditioned, just grab some free weights and start slinging them around, is a recipe for injury. That’s what gyms and trainers are for.

I looked at the Amazon reviews, not too many people seem to like it. What’s your experience?

To be clear, I’m not asking what class I should take. I’ve been into fitness my whole life and done pretty much everything. I was more curious about what classes other people are interested in and what they would take given the choice.

It’s kind of like a poll asking “what’s your favorite drink?” and you come in to answer with “all you need is water.” While true, it’s not really answering the question.

No, what I mean is that treadmills and weight machines don’t provide the same workout you get from running and lifting free weights. “Don’t count” is hyperbole, but they’re not equivalent.

I was obviously advocating that novices “grab some free weights and start slinging them around.” How very astute of you to infer that from my post.

This is funny because I don’t drink, so if you posted a poll asking “What’s your favorite drink?” I would probably respond with “Water” whether it was on the poll or not. I’d say it’s absolutely an answer to the question. If it helps pretend I made it painfully clear that the assistance of a personal trainer is important rather than assuming that reasonable people could figure out how to ask for help on their own. That should qualify as a “class” in some sense.

I already pictured you as a cocky meathead, you didn’t HAVE to add that comment to cement the perception.

I think that I’d like another machine better, but the CardioCruiser is already available to me. The first problem is that it’s made to pace, not trot. By this I mean that you move your left arm and leg forward together, instead of left arm and right leg. So it’s workable, but not as easy to use as another machine that would allow the user to use a more natural movement. I think that this pacing method was used because it’s cheaper to make.

It’s also a very noisy machine, no matter how much you lubricate it. This is annoying to the user, and also annoying to anyone else who happens to be in the house. I don’t try to use the machine when my husband is sleeping or really into a show.

Third, the machine SAYS that it adjusts for users as short as 4’11". I’m five feet, and it really doesn’t accommodate me well at all. I can’t get the leg shafts to be short enough. Most people won’t be bothered by this, but I am.

If I had to do it over again, I’d buy another machine. But, I have this one, and it’s somewhat usable, so I use it.

No, it’s not. It’s called a non-answer. “I don’t drink” is more of an answer than “water” in that case. But frankly, I really don’t see the point in answering a poll question that way. Just to add your opinion to a topic you find “silly”?

If I’m not into cars I’m not going to click on a thread about sports cars and say, “Cars are silly, everyone should just ride a Segway.” It’s asinine.

It doesn’t help and it doesn’t “qualify as a ‘class’ in some sense.” It’s personal training, not a fitness class.

The one where the attractive women in stretch pants bend over at the waist a lot would be nice. I forget what that one is called, I just know I’m not allowed to go anymore. Aside from that, I have various issues with my muscular system, so a strength training program designed by physical therapists would be great.