Which Sports Should be in the Olympics - but Aren't?

Are you joking? That’s not a sport! Rock always wins!

Good old rock. Nothin’ beats rock.

So, were you a shot-putter in college? :dubious:

How 'bout Dodgeball?

Rodeo
International body, large following, participants from a number of countries, and it has already been an exhibition event in at least two prior Olympics (Salt Lake City and Calgary). Also, it’s a lot of fun to watch.

I’d really like to see that one, just for the Martix-like contortions the athletes would go through.

I suggest breakdancing. And if you’re going to include 43-man Squamish, you may as well throw in 3-Cornered Pitney, too.

Dodgeball?

no.

Ga-ga?

yes. :cool:

I remember playing this in summer camp in the seventies. I was good at it. But for the boycot in 1980, and that fact that this isn’t a recognized sport, I could have a gold medal!

But that WOULD rule out golf, unless the Olympic event were held at Augusta every time. :slight_smile:

I don’t have so much of a concern with proffessionals, but more along the lines of: what would the Olympics add to the sport? There is a golf tournament for all the professional tours almost every week of the year. There are 4 majors, there are “World Golf Championships” and there is the Ryder Cup. Who would really care about who got an Olympic gold in golf? It just wouldn’t mean much, to the sport. I suspect that it would also interfere with the “real” golf tournaments to the point that the really good golfers wouldn’t bother.

The Olympics might benefit from golf, but golf wouldn’t benefit from the Olympics.

I would like Dragon Boat Racing ito be included at the Beijing 2008 Olympics, but I expect that Wushu will be included instead.

Paper beats rock. Smothers it. Or something.

Having condensed my life into a 4 x 5 U-haul, dragged it 250 miles north, and with a crippled man (my partner) unpacked it all in 95 deg heat, one box at a time cos he forgot to get a hand truck ( :rolleyes: ), across a street, up 3 flights of steps, I suggest competitive moving.

Each team has the same number of oddly shaped objects and brick-beladen boxes, a small UHaul, and just their ingenuity to fill the truck, drive it round a track, then stop and unload it into a designated area. Although the object of the contest is to be the fastest to load and unpack, bonus points would be awarded to the most creative and effective use of space in the UHaul.

:stuck_out_tongue: