White America doesn't understand democracy

There’s been A LOT of marching in the streets over the past two years. Some of the biggest marches ever.

(Just in case you were wondering, marches went out of style among us left-of-center types when hundreds of thousands of us marched against the Iraq War in the run-up to that, and we were barely covered in the news, so of course we made no dent at all on public opinion.)

You may have noticed that Congresscritters started getting a lot more calls in 2017. Not sure how that’s holding up, but it happened. Also, you may have heard that people have been showing up at town halls - when Congresscritters have them.

I’ve done some marching, and a lot of phone calling. No town hall opportunities.

See above.

Yeah well, I’m trying to figure out what asahi’s alternative plan of action IS. We’re doing stuff already, thanks. Like I said earlier, what’s the opportunity cost of what we’re already doing? What should we be doing that what we’re doing now is getting in the way of?

In the absence of some answers there, he isn’t on my side; he’s an underminer.

OK, here’s what’s unreasonable:

1. Armed resistance is unreasonable.

2. Magical Pony Plans are unreasonable. You know, the ones that go, “if we only did X, Americans would rise up and almost bodily eject the Trumpublicans from power,” or anything else with similar degrees of wishful thinking. I’m too old for fairy tales.

That’s it.