Who dislikes fantasy football?

I just want to say that this thread finally got me to get off my butt and write down the rules for the fantasy sumo league I wanted to start.

Well, fantasy NASCAR augments how I watch races.

Even when I didn’t play fantasy, I’d always follow a few cars during a race. . .see if they’re getting better, falling off, etc.

With fantasy, it just gives you something specific to focus on. And, you can watch the race at the same time you follow all of your fantasy drivers. They’re all at the same track.

Fantasy NASCAR, I enjoy.

Actually, I was working on a fantasy female oil wrestling league. I mean, what guy doesn’t fantasize about beautiful women in bikinis wrestling in baby oil?

Okay, now you have got to share that.

The Onion: Walking Sports Database Scorns Walking Sci-Fi Database

Stranger

Well, since sumo is just one-on-one matchups, there’s nothing too tricky about working out how many total wins or losses each stable ends up with. The only thing that needs to be worked out is a balanced scoring method (a wrestler is worth X points based on his rank. Beat him, get X points), plus a way to do trades (which don’t exist in the real sport) that will make the game more interesting.

My co-worker and I are going to playtest it during the next tournament in September.

The fantasy football gets TV time? Are you talking own show/segment kind of time? Damn, damn, damn.

Ever since my oldest son started playing fantasy football, I’ve wanted to prod someone into doing fantasy peewee girl’s soccer (FPGS). Partly as a joke and partly to see if it could be sponsored enough to pay.

Now you’re saying it gets TV time. So there’s the possibility of doing a community cable TV shot of FPGS without actually doing the programming. I could do that, concievably. I won’t, because it would be a huge amount of work, but I want to. Damn. I may have to look into this.

Are there any fantasy soccer leagues going?