Who invented the concept of zero?

In short, you’re saying they have Nothing in common.

I took a Hist of Science course in college where it was taught that the Arabs are credited with giving us a numeric value (or place holder) for zero. It is the only true Arabic number. Sorry, I don’t have a cite. You’ll have to ask my college professor (of x years ago) for his source. :wink:

Not the truth, not even close to it. You may wish to go back and relearn it. :wink:
The placeholder, as I noted above, existed with the Babylonians. Ptolemy the astronomer used “o” for it. The Indian mathemeticians developed the concept of “zero” the number, and eventually the small circle was adopted for that use. The Arabian mathemeticians adopted and used this extensively; Fibonacci became acquainted with it in his father’s trading post in North Africa around 1200. He introduced it to Europe, where it met with considerable resistance.

[continuing hijack] The Tasaday case doesn’t seem to be as clear cut as you put it
Both Wikipedia and the Tasaday site seem to talk about the hoax and the “debunking” of the hoax.
[/continuing hijack]

Yeah, check this super awesome thread I started on the topic. It turns out there was a bit too much made of them, but they weren’t an entirely fictional group as I had come to believe.