Who is in the Republican "base"?

Well, for one thing, working with the other party instead of antagonizing them, as has been happening for about the last two decades.

Y’all get back to that and I would not rule out casting a Republican ballot again some day.

Ditto. If it weren’t for all the religious right bullshit, I would seriously entertain voting Republican, and I think many other people would as well.

He’s the most liberal senator and has not compromised anything with the Republicans. Why should that change? And who antagonizes who depends on your perspective.

The Democrats have wackos of their own (Rev. Wright for a religious one) and have worked openly and approvingly with them as well.

“He” being Barack Obama?

Obama is not the most liberal Senator. Obama is not the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, or 7th most liberal Senator.

Based on rankings from conservative interest groups & PACs, he would appear to be the 31st most liberal Senator.

Based on rankings from liberal interest groups & PACs, he would appear to be the 42nd most liberal Senator

Both stats are from electoral-vote.com (although the data itself is not). If you would care to provide a contradictory statistic to back up your assertion that he is the most liberal Senator, by all means go ahead.