Who Should Be Nominated to New York's Junior Senate Seat?

Thanks for the info Marley23.

Right, which is another plus in her favor, since she probably wouldn’t be thrown out. Why I have such confidence in her ability to be a senator I couldn’t say, beyond knowing that she’s intelligent and thoughtful, and takes her family legacy very seriously, so I can’t imagine she would be a slouch. She would know that the pressure is on her because of her appointment, and would work twice as hard as anyone else to show people that she’s not just a vanity pick. That’s what I think, anyway.
I hear she’s heading to upstate New York very soon, to try and convince the people up there that she’ll work for them too, not just New York City.

Ha, Hillary politely tells her supporters to STFU and leave her name out of it.

If she’s seen as an ineffectual and nepotistic hire, I think people here won’t hesitate to throw her out on her ass. New Yorkers are probably not going to be feeling good about their government in 2010.

And of course, only freepers have a bad taste in their mouths about the idea of Caroline Kennedy being handed that seat. :rolleyes:

Absolutely, which is why there’s no harm in giving her a chance. I believe that she’ll work harder to prove herself to the naysayers, beyond of course, just wanting to do a good job for the people of New York and to the seat’s legacy.

Obviously it makes no never mind to me, I’m not a New Yorker. We have our own seat here to fill, and what I wouldn’t give for Senator Caroline Kennedy (D-IL). Our seat is tainted before it’s even filled so we need someone who’s absolutely squeaky clean, like Caroline.

No no, I didn’t mean that. Lord knows I don’t think Dio’s a freeper. I just think that Democrats/Progressives who are grumbling would come to realize the worth of CKS, while freeper’s heads would explode. And that’s always fun to watch.