Who Wants to Cancel Christmas?

Ugh, I HATE Christmas, and I agree somewhat with the original post. However, lots of people enjoy it and it brightens up their otherwise mundane lives. So that’s fine and all.

One thing that pisses me off this time of the year is how crowded shopping centers are, the incessant Christmas music, red, green and gold ornaments…arrgh, it drives me crazy. I loathe this time of the year. Plus it’s even worse because my birthday is just after Christmas, and I loathe birthdays as well. Aren’t I a happy, healthy, young female?

But I would be happy if all holidays, national and religious, were hereby removed. Holidays are like work away from work. Friends, family, they expect things from you. Thanksgiving? Forget it. Gimme a good flick and a bowl of popcorn. I’m thankful to have off work, but you can keep your holidays. I talk to these people all year, gimme a freakin’ day off!

Except New Years.
Amen.
:smiley:

What I haven’t figured out is why so many people get so stressed out if their place of work isn’t properly festooned with Christmas decorations. Decorations have to be everywhere? And the only reason they’ll accept for someone not being as gung-ho about The Season is being Jewish. If you’re just not into Christmas then you’re automatically a bad person.

Come on people, if your belief in this holiday is so strong why do you have to tape plastic fir branches and little lights all over my desk to affirm it? Isn’t it enough choke your house with strings of lights and dancing Santas and shop at 100 different stores playing upwards of 2 Christmas CDs between them? Does it really hurt your feelings that much to enter a store without Christmas music playing? How many times do you have to hear “O Holy Night” before you’re satisfied? 5000? 100,000? And no, the City Manager of Eugene, OR, did not ban businesses from putting up Christmas decorations.
(That’s directed at my coworkers, not at anybody on this thread.)