Who was the first Pacific President?

I’m not outraged Dio, I’m merely amused by your ignorant post. If you claim Hawaii is on the Pacific Rim then so is Washington and Moscow by virtue of their inclusion in a Pacific Rim country. But then you’ll have to concede that all previous presidents were “Pacific Presidents”

Simply put, Hawaii is not located on the Pacific Rim. Even Dallas ,Texas is closer to the rim of the Pacific Ocean.

Hawaii IS on the Pacific rim. Move on to something else. I’m sure Obama will put ketchup on a hot dog or something, and you can get all indignant about that.

No it isn’t.

I already posted the cite.

How is Orange County not on the Pacific Rim? I mean, Yorba Linda isn’t itself on the ocean, but I think you’re being overly nitpicky here.

To quote your cite

Where’s Honolulu ? it sure ain’t located around the edge of the Pacific Ocean.

Give it up Dio.

I’m being overly nitpicky? I’m not the one who started a thread to express outrage over Barack Obama trying to connect with the Japanese by pointing out his Pacific background.

And no, California doesn’t count in the specific context he was using (i.e. finding geographical commonalities with Japan). It’s petty and partisan to the point of being infantile to try to act like this is something Americans should be outraged about, or to suggest with a straight face that Nixon had a “Pacific” background.

Read my cite. Honolulu is the headquarters.

I don’t think the OP was “expressing outrage”. He just said that the President was being hyperbolic.

Headquarters of various Pacific Rim organizations. That doesn’t mean that it’s on the Pacific Rim itself. It could just be, since it’s the biggest city in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, a natural central meeting place, not giving geographical advantage to any one Pacific Rim city.

So what. London, England was not in British North America when it was the headquarters of the region.

Your cite as I pointed out specifically excluded Honolulu as being on the Pacific Rim.

Kenya’s on the Indian Ocean.

::d&r::

He said it was a “slight to other Presidents,” which is inane.

He only said that in response to your claim that he was nitpicking. If you’re going to escalate the rhetoric, you have to expect him to do the same.