Who's the worst actor on tv?

Ray Romano is as good as he needs to be, considering the roles he plays - I mean, just look at him! What do you want from the guy? (and anyway, he started out as a comedian, didn’t he?)

It’s some years canceled, but I’ll still nominate the kids who played the young twins on Seventh Heaven. Man, they were terrible!

Bill O’Reilly, Sean Hannity and Brit Hume all manage to keep from laughing when they say “Fair and Balanced,” but they are terrible actors.

You can pit moderators same as other posters.

Jayma Mays in Glee. I think her eyes are going to literally fall out if she opens them any wider.

It was basically the exact same character.

Matt Passmore on The Glades. Weirdly enough, as awful as his wooden smirkiness is, I still enjoy the show.

Is Wanda Sykes still on any shows currently? If so, I’d say her. She doesn’t do anything but yell stuff in “sassy” ebonics.

I agree with your criticism of tween shows generally (The Suite Life first and foremost), but I actually like this guy. He has great comic timing and almost always makes me laugh. I would go so far as to say he’s the best thing on the show, which my boys watch just about whenever it’s on.

Was i the only one who imagined Ray Romano saying this in that horrible, drawn-out Ray Romano whine?

She doesn’t do much more than this in her standup act these days.

Oops

I put him, Eric McCormack, and Charles Shaughnessy all in the same category.

Let’s put it this way: I think he played a one-note, stick-in-the-mud tightass on Dharma and Greg for a very good reason.

I have a personal beef with Thomas Gibson: During his broke and hungry days he did an internship with the Alabama Shakespeare Festival. While he was on Dharma and Greg he mentioned this during a Jay Leno appearance, at which Leno immediately went off on a “tuh bay er not tuh bay, that thar’s the question” southern accent joke and then asked something like “Alabama Shakespeare Festival, was it in the back of a truckstop?”, to which Gibson laughed and said “You’re not too far off”.

For those not familiar, the Alabama Shakespeare Festival is one of the best and most famous repertory companies in the United States. It was endowed by a billionaire who basically said “spare no expense” in building it, it’s internationally famous, QE2 recognized it by sending an item from the Crown Jewels (admittedly a cheap item I’m sure, but still- only done for very worthy Shakespearean theaters- I think 2 or 3 others in North America have that distinction). Pictures.
Its members have gone on to Broadway and movies. (Norbert Leo Butz is one of the most famous alumni and he has publicly praised it.) Say what you will about Alabama, the Shakespeare Festival kicks ass. Pissed me the hell off that he didn’t stand up for them or give just a two second “no, actually, it’s really nice” defense.

Ice T.

As for iCarly, that is an awesome show and the actors aren’t grand thespians, but they are better than any other tween shows by a mile. Even the older brother.

I haven’t watched enough bad TV recently to judge, but I do overhear my daughter’s viewings of the Disney & Nickelodeon tween shows. I will agree with RickJay regarding the vacuum of talent therein.

Nevertheless, the one show I’ll admit I watched for way too many episodes that has worse talent is ABC’s “Revenge”, with Henry Czerny, who plays the “evil” Conrad Grayson, as the pinnacle of “baaaaaaad”…to quote Leonard Pinth-Garnell.

Michael Rapaport.

I win. You can just watch the first 10 seconds in which his direction is to enter and remark on the pleasant smell in the kitchen. What a natural. Or you can watch him in literally anything else. He’s the only bad thing in True Romance 'fer instance.

Let’s keep politics out of this, please.

I’ve never watched Will and Grace, so I can’t speak to his performance in that, but Eric McCormack was in a show called Lonesome Dove: The Outlaw Years in the mid-'90s, playing a Civil War veteran and local tyrant, and I thought he was great in it. Fairly nuanced portrayal of someone alternately charming and menacing.

Thomas Gibson and Charles Shaughnessy I’ll grant you, though. :slight_smile: (Even my lingering love of Shaughnessy from his days on Days of Our Lives can’t cloud my eyes to the fact that he’s a very one-note performer.)