Who's your favorite painter?

The list is long. Excerpts would be Bosch, Breughel, Rembrandt, Richter … And I cannot believe I am the first one to mention Lucien Freud. Vilhelm Hammershøj is one of the truly great Danish painters, and so is Asger Jorn - I really like Le canard inquiétant -the last image on this page..

N.C., Andrew and James Wyeth. Partially because I grew up in the Brandywine River valley and they were the so called ‘locals’. I love the turbulent skies in Turner’s painting.

Zoe, now you’ve got me a little jealous I’m so far from Maine. I’d love to see the original locations.

Oh, and how you doin’? :wink:

Expressionist Franz Marc.

Heh, never thought about it. I’m not at all versed in art, but I did like SciFi/Fantasy art a lot when I was younger. I’ll say Larry Elmore. I particularly likethis one, I have a print of that painting on my wall.

VanGoch,Breughal and Bosch,Canaletto,Pisarro,Dali.
As genres,Ilove PreRaphaelites,Surrealists and Dutch 18th c.

If I hadn’t known about Bosch, Bruegel would be amongst my faves, but much of his stuff is too derivative for me to respect him much as an artist (although I still like his paintings as paintings). My second favorite after Bosch is Goya, and if I ever go to Europe I’m going to the Prado!