Why can we eat sushi without worry?

VileOrb, why are you a lawyer? A case you can win? ha. I think not. I wish though.

Let me give a real example. Luckys supermarket has a ‘meat freshness guarantee.’
I ate some of their chicken & got that chicken worm or whatever it is. Paid doc $65.00 [Cheap]. Asked Luckys to pay for it, they said no; but gave me the money back I spent on the chicken. Asked the people who owned the chicken products to pay & they too said no. Gave me back the few bucks I paid though. tsk

In answer to the original question…because we eat it with a LOT of wasabe and a goodly amount of sake. Okay, I’ve never had sushi with sake, but I adore it. I’ll take my chances with sushi…and, yes, I love raw oysters, too. (acquired tastes that I adore)

“There will always be somebody who’s never read a book who’ll know twice what you know.” - D.Duchovny

Doesn’t answer the question, but here’s what I say: For the amount of risks we all take every day, around every corner of life, sushi is not gonna scare me. Walking across the street scares me more. Not knowing if the person I just bumped into just broke up with his g/f and wants to kill me worries me more than sushi. Gimme an ichi ban roll any day!

Sushi refers to vinagared rice (sushi rice is flavored with vinegar). Most americans assume since it’s sushi it has to be raw fish. I remember the surprise of a friend who had never tried the stuff that there were actually vegetable maki, and not all raw fish like he assumed.

Anyway, the Koreans make their own version of sushi, which they call ‘kim bop’. The Korean ladies at the church I attend make that for potlucks and bake sales. It tastes different from sushi, but is just as good. Can never get enough.