Why can't they make an anti-hunger pill?

On a similar note, I love the commercials that say “(our product) is part of this healthy nutritious breakfast”. Well, obviously it is - it’s right there in the middle of it. A bucket of fried chicken would be part of a healthy nutritious breakfast is you surrounded it with healthy nutritious breakfast food.

Heard mention on NPR that there are researchers looking at the specific ways tobacco use suppresses appetite.

The psychiatric drug Geodon causes the gut to reject fats. Because almost all other anti-schizophrenic and mood stabilizers cause weight gain, it has sometimes been encouraged for patients needing to switch (who obviously are still coherent) and reluctant to do so, that “you could lose weight.”

Obligatory Troy McClure reference.

The pill made for me would have to counteract Boredom. And Depression. And Staring Into The Abyss That Is The Pointlessness of Life.

But this Dope does a better job of that than any other dope would… :slight_smile:

Don’t be dissin’ my favorite breakfast until you’ve tried it.
Yes I’m kidding

Someone should look into the mechanisms that cause the Norwalk virus to suppress appetite. If people could be made only slightly ill, it might be tolerable but still reduce appetite.

Dextroamphetamine sulfate is one of four different amphetamine salts included in Adderall.

That’s true. It doesn’t change the fact that Adderall’s market share is growing while Dextroamphetamine’s is shrinking. I am not entirely certain why this is happening. I suspect marketing has a lot to do with it. I don’t think a strong case has been made that Adderall leads to better clinical outcomes. I believe it is generally priced higher than Dextroamphetamine, however.

Just to be clear, I don’t have any professional stake in either compound.

In high school, I once wrote a term paper in three straight days of nonstop work through the magic of “whites,” whatever they were. A pretty good term paper, too, as I recall.

In the tap waiting for you to pour it into a glass and drink it.