Why dived instead of dove?

What’s wrong with Dave?

[QUOTE=TheLoadedDog]
What’s wrong with Dave?
[/QUOTE]

I’m sure there’s plenny of Daves who will insist there is nothing wrong with them wotsoever. However, we know they are wrong. Dave is synonymous with dysfunctionality and personality disorders.

:smiley:

[QUOTE=Mindfield]
Really? I encounter it so rarely, even among Brits.
[/QUOTE]
I use both spelt and dived as the norm. I thought “dove” was just plain wrong until I moved to America.

[QUOTE=Excalibre]
Um, no, he’s not. Wrought is an old past participle of work. Wright has only ever been, to my knowledge, a noun. So says both etymonline.com and that Stephen Pinker book (I don’t remember which of his it was, but I remember reading that bit.)

I thought he said work, wrought. Did I misread again? Oh well.

Work, worked.

Work that thang, baby. When you’re done it’ll be wrought.

Hmph.

[QUOTE=AHunter3]
I’m not going to live that down, am I?
[/QUOTE]

When Hal lives down sheep.