Why do the secret societies have so much power and freedom in America?

What?!! How could they allow a Whiffenpoof without also allowing someone from Gryffindor?

by the power to vote … I certainly didn’t mean the poor people’s vote.

It was directed at the law makers in Washington … the congress and the senate votes

one phone call to Sam Rayburn is all President Johnson needed, not that he was part of any secret society that is

Texas is just one big secret society.

Today on Facebook I checked into the LBJ Presidential Library and Museum. Coincidence? You decide.

So… intelligent, talented, driven, ambitious, wealthy, charismatic people meet and associate with one another and form social bonds. As they climb the ladder of their ambitions, they help one another out when opportunities arise and work to give one another and their circle of friends and relatives a hand up. By and by they build a strong network composed not just of themselves but also of those who owe them favors or to whom they owe favors, and they prefer to associate with and direct work towards those who share that bond or who at least support their position.

That’s no conspiracy. That’s common human social practice since societies became sophisticated enough to have politics. When the society is large enough you have to establish at best a representative democracy and then the populace is voting for which elite do they trust to have its best interests coincide most closely with the People’s.
And I find that given that, it’s a very desirable situation to have private entities enjoy “freedom to act independently of the ruling parties’ will”.

Right! And look how well that’s working for Obama!

Gryffindors are their own secret society. Much more secret than Skull and Bones.

Oh, for Pete’s sake. Of all the conspiracy theory crap out there, this one has absolutely the least substance behind it. There’s none at all.

Look – my wife, who is from a desperately poor rural area, and whose family basically grew or hunted all their food, went to Harvard as an undergrad. She was a smart girl, studied hard, tested well, and was accepted. The Ivies are generally needs-blind. If you’re accepted, you can go. They will work out whatever financial aid is needed, all the way up to a free ride. They’re sitting on enormous endowments, so this isn’t a big deal for them.

After graduating, my wife applied to law school at the same university. Again, she was accepted. Law schools don’t throw money around. She financed law school with loans.

That’s how Obama went to Harvard Law. And that’s probably how he went to Columbia as an undergrad, too.

THERE IS NO MYSTERY HERE.

It’s not. But, hooboy, do plenty of us who had the misfortune to spend more than a few days there wish it were!

Well, except for Austin. Let’s not keep Austin a secret.

That we wish could stay a secret…

Yes, but they are doomed from here to eternity.

But not anywhere else in the world!

There, the power resides in shared extraterrestrial reptilian bonds.

That’s their fate. Poor little lambs, who have lost their way.

They do like sheep, though.

fnord

Who keeps the metric system down?

Wanted to look this up, but couldn’t find a single reference on the Internet. Creepy.

Actually, Johnson was a member of a collegiate fraternity called the Harris Blair House, which was later absorbed into Pi Kappa Alpha.

I have a vague sense of unease.

Oh fuck. I just realized. We’re Jews. If we don’t know about the true secret controllers, shit has just gotten very real.