Why does the Church of Scientology use a cross?

Scientology is just Hubbard’s old self-help scheme (remember Dianetics?) repackaged as a religion. He chose the cross specifically to create the impression that Scientology was a Christian denomination.

The Scientology headquarters here has a cross on top, but I always thought they just left the cross on the building when they moved into Cedars of Lebanon’s site.

It seems like the obvious reason would be so that they could make terrible puns about double crosses.

Zombie jokes are fun?

Funny jokes are fun.

It may be the case that the set of zombie jokes and the set of funny jokes are non-intersecting. But that has not been shown.

I demand a Venn diagram.

eta: also, a pony

[Moderator Note]

Mahaloth, I’m going to echo TubaDiva here and say that posts like this are not helpful in GQ. This is essentially junior moderating, and is against the rules. If you see that an old thread has been resurrected, report the post and don’t take it into your own hands to chastise the poster. No warning issued, but don’t do this again.

Colibri
General Questions Moderator

While they are not against the rules, I personally find zombie jokes really, really tiresome, and far more annoying than having a thread resurrected (especially since no one reported it). Guys, can we please give this inane shtick a rest? Thanks.*

*This is not an official instruction, just a personal request from a moderator who has seen a thousand too many zombie jokes.

Ah, my bad. I apologize.