Why don't cars have AC electrical plugs?

You mean, like, bodies?

Nope, if your really hardcore you get one of these!

CMC fnord!

[Crocodile Dundee]
Now that’s a BLENDER!
[/CD]

I have an '06 Toyota Tacoma with an AC plug in the bed.

Alright, that seems reasonable enough. In hindsight it seems a little perplexing that such a big heavy battery would have such a relatively low capacity.

Just to set the record straight. As the word “transformer” is used in the world of electricity, a transformer does no such thing.

The ideal transformer changes the voltage and current levels of AC signals or isolates one part of a circuit carrying DC from another that can’t tolerate DC, or both. In the process of changing voltage and current levels transformers also transform impedances.

You ain’t from around here, are ya boy?

Could the answer perhaps be: liability?
If Geneous ChrysFor Co produces a vehicle with power supply for your Apply LapBook, and owing to a flaw in the supply toasts your device, you’re going to want Generous ChrysFor Co to buy you a new device.

Were I an auto mfr, I’d like nothing to do with the idea. Turning a profit in the auto industry is hard enough, without introducing new areas of liability.

Adding support for 110/220V AC causes problems in the areas of regulation, safety, design and repair. The voltage is high enough to be a hazard to anyone who comes in contact with it.

I saw an advert the other day for the new Fiat Punto. Apparently it has a USB port in the glove compartment so you can attach MP3 players directly*. Whether you can also charge devices this way I don’t know.

• And then just say the name of the track or playlist you want, apparently.