Why don't hotel bathrooms have ventilation fans?

Take one square of toilet tissue and hold it against that square grating in the ceiling or wall near the ceiling and see if it doesn’t stick there. That’s cuz there’s a low pressure hose attached to that grate.

Phu Cat

I don’t recall a hotel room bathroom that didn’t have a vent or a fan, and it’s mostly been vents. I assume vents are far more economical for hotels. Even if there’s a large central fan it will be more efficient than one per room, cost less initially, won’t require frequent replacement units, and won’t need wiring in the ceiling. Yet for a while there was a phone in nearly every hotel room bathroom I stayed in. That seems to be going away since everyone has cell phones. I wouldn’t notice if there was no phone at all in hotel rooms now.

A lot of hotel bathrooms have a sun lamp on a dial. You dial it for, like, 20 minutes and the brighter lamp zeroes out all the mist before turning itself off. Most hotels I’ve been to have fans and vents, though.

Or smear shaving cream all over the mirror.

Now that’s just vandalism. I assume you’re kidding.

Shaving cream (spread on, rub off) is an old army trick for fogless mirrors. It works, but it’s more effort than I’m willing to put in for a single shower.

Soapy water works the same. I use that every day on the shaving mirror in my shower at home.

On the road the hotel provides the soap. I have to bring my own shaving cream. So there’s another idea for solving foggy hotel mirrors.

No independent switch, the fan comes on when any of the bathroom lights does. I notice because I hate the noise. One of the signs that my mother was losing her hearing was that she stopped hearing those hums.