I don’t know if there is some EU rule about it, but almost all the cans I have used in the last few years have been pull-to-open.
I opened a tin of salmon last week and had trouble finding an opener for it
I don’t know if there is some EU rule about it, but almost all the cans I have used in the last few years have been pull-to-open.
I opened a tin of salmon last week and had trouble finding an opener for it
P38 on my keychain. I don’t worry about it
Tuna. Doesn’t tuna always require a can opener? I haven’t seen a can yet, store brand or name brand, that was pull-to-open.
I sure have.
I hope it spreads then, because that would be awfully convenient.
Yeah, I think there is/was a four pack of smaller cans and I believe they were pull top.
Amazon demonstrates several kinds of pull-top in standard-sized cans: Amazon.com : Search - tuna in pull-top cans
Japanese tend to use fewer canned food and it’s almost all pull-top.
I bought some large cans of clam chowder at Costco and was surprised to see they weren’t pull-top, and had to go out and buy a can opener.
This may depend on what you’re buying. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a ring-pull can of salmon, for instance, and that’s hardly budget range. If you want baked beans, there’s plenty of choice, and most cans will have ring-pulls – if you want borlotti beans, or canellini, there’s probably just the one option, and it won’t.
Key-opened cans still seem to be the standard for solid meat products like Spam or corned beef, because you need to remove the entire top of the can to get the stuff out. As someone who’s had to have stitches from opening a can of corned beef, I’d like a better alternative, but I can’t imagine what that would look like.