Why Micronesia and the Marshall Islands?

Sure. In a nutshell you said this:

Did you read my question?
Cuz adaher said this:

Then I asked this:

Adaher, if what you you imply is true, it begs the question, why is virtually the whole world biased gainst Israel?
Hope that’s all that clear now.

His explanation is that the other 114 countries don’t give half a hoot about what kind of whatever they vote for. Leastways, in any case, none of them were voting for the resolution because they agree with it.

Ok Adaher and Lemur 866, explain why south american countries voted agianst Israel. I hope you won´t give such a poor answer as anti-semitism considering how all those countries have significant jewish minorities, always received jews with open arms.

Lemur,
Why has Israel been unable to sway any of the 114 other countries to vote for them?

**Adaher, if what you you imply is true, it begs the question, why is virtually the whole world biased gainst Israel?

Why does the Klan hate blacks? Why did the world hate Jews for thousands of years? Who knows? Since when has hate ever been rational?

**Ok Adaher and Lemur 866, explain why south american countries voted agianst Israel. I hope you won´t give such a poor answer as anti-semitism considering how all those countries have significant jewish minorities, always received jews with open arms.

According to an ADL survey last year, more Hispanics were likely to hold anti-semetic beliefs than any other racial group in America. I imagine it’s much worse in their home countries.

Forty-four percent (44%) of foreign-born Hispanics fall into the most anti-Semitic category, while only 20% of Hispanics born in the U.S. fall into this category. As a result, it is only foreign-born Hispanics whose anti-Semitic propensities are significantly above the national average. Perceptions of “Jewish control,” influence and power as well as more traditional canards about Jews, religion and ethical practices appear to be driving anti-Semitism among foreign-born Hispanics. For example, more than half of foreign-born Hispanics (55%) agree with the assertion that “Jews don’t care what happens to anyone but their own kind.” Forty-four percent (44%) of Hispanics born outside the U.S. agree with the assertion that “Jews were responsible for the death of Christ,” compared with 26% of those born in the U.S.

http://www.adl.org/PresRele/ASUS_12/4109_12.asp

Christ Adaher… first you compare every White with the Klan… and then American Hispanics with South Americans ! Christ. Worse we Brazilians aren’t even hispanics. Try again.

As for your first answer… hate is not rational agreed… but not every white hates blacks. When EVERYONE votes against you it’s not HATE … your doing something WRONG.

I didn’t say that.

**When EVERYONE votes against you it’s not HATE … your doing something WRONG.

Granted, Israel’s policies open them up for condemnation. I’m not going to dispute that. The question is why Israel is singled out of all the human rights abusers? Why are there never any resolutions against say, Sudan, where 2 million Christians have been murdered?

I can only think of one plausible answer, and it’s backed up by the history of the Jews, the continuation of anti-semetic acts all over the world, the fact that a lot of people STILL believe Jews run everything, or any other weird legend that’s surrounded those people for the past thousand years.

**but not every white hates blacks. **

There was a time when most did. It wasn’t because blacks did anything wrong. Same with Jews now and in the past.

I think the jews have made more of an effort into getting hated… not on purpose thou… while blacks are not an independent culture per se. Jewish lifesytle, religion and relative wealth lends itself to all sorts of discrimination and envy.

As for jews ruling the world… the way the US is rabidly standing by Israel no matter what… even when it hurts their own interests… its no wonder that these “myths” persist. If they don’t rule the world… at least they seem to have the sole superpower pretty well indoctrinated.

Sudan has been criticized... just don't know if in equal weight as Israel... be interesting for someone to give some info on that. Still the poor christians murdered in Sudan haven't sparked wider international consequences. The palestinian issue has.

And why do we get from the medias at least 20 times more informations about the situation in Israel than about the situation in Soudan? Why is everybody roughly aware of what’s happening in Palestine and totally unaware of what’s happening in Sri-Lanka? Why are all major countries drawing peace plans about the Israeli-Palestinian issue and not about Chechnya?
Can you explain that by antisemitism too? Or could it be possible that other reasons would explain the enormous level of interest the Israel-Palestine issue raise worldwide, and particulary in western countries?
I’m pretty certain that if the Jews were black people exiled mostly in say, India and who would have managed to come back and create a state of their own in their strategically totally unimportant place of origin (say, Madagascar), resulting in various local wars, terrorist attacks, refugee camps, etc…, nobody would bat an eye, you would never hear about the issue , and you would rarely see any resolution, pro or against them being voted by the UN.
And similarily, had this area of the middle-east being settled by, say, protestant dutch immigrants rather than by Jews, I’m pretty sure there would be the same level of concern about the “Dutchael”- Palestine issue, the same number of UN resolutions, you would heard about it as offten in the medias, etc…
IOW : essentially nobody, be it governments or individuals, care about what’s happening in Sudan, as long as there aren’t some terrorists threatening western interests living there . Everybody cares about what’s happening in Israel. And there are many reasons explaining this situation. You’re “it’s all plain antisemitism” argument gets really old.

And why do we get from the medias at least 20 times more informations about the situation in Israel than about the situation in Soudan? Why is everybody roughly aware of what’s happening in Palestine and totally unaware of what’s happening in Sri-Lanka? Why are all major countries drawing peace plans about the Israeli-Palestinian issue and not about Chechnya?
Can you explain that by antisemitism too? Or could it be possible that other reasons would explain the enormous level of interest the Israel-Palestine issue raise worldwide, and particulary in western countries?
I’m pretty certain that if the Jews were black people exiled mostly in say, India and who would have managed to come back and create a state of their own in their strategically totally unimportant place of origin (say, Madagascar), resulting in various local wars, terrorist attacks, refugee camps, etc…, nobody would bat an eye, you would never hear about the issue , and you would rarely see any resolution, pro or against them being voted by the UN.
And similarily, had this area of the middle-east being settled by, say, protestant dutch immigrants rather than by Jews, I’m pretty sure there would be the same level of concern about the “Dutchael”- Palestine issue, the same number of UN resolutions, you would heard about it as offten in the medias, etc…
IOW : essentially nobody, be it governments or individuals, care about what’s happening in Sudan, as long as there aren’t some terrorists threatening western interests living there . Everybody cares about what’s happening in Israel. And there are many reasons explaining this situation. You’re “it’s all plain antisemitism” argument gets really old.

Sure. So, if say, Botswana or Vanuatu vote against Israel, it’s a consequence of their historically deep-rooted tradition of antisemitism :rolleyes:

I think the jews have made more of an effort into getting hated.

You’re confusing us with my Mother in Law. :wink:

Because Israel figures heavily into Christianity. It’s where Jesus was born and most the books of the bible are set. Chechnya doesn’t draw the same attention because the 800 million Christians of the world aren’t attending church and thinking about that country every Sunday.

Six million Jews were murdered by the Europeans. If you had that crime on your ancestor’s hands wouldn’t you try to make them look less bad?

You’re “it’s all plain antisemitism” argument gets really old.

And “the Nazi Israelis are the worst people who ever lived and are oppressing innocent Palestinians so therefore we have every right to fill our newspapers with anti-Semitism and blame all our problems on the Jews” argument also gets really old. Far too many UN resolutions have been passed against Israel.

**So, if say, Botswana or Vanuatu vote against Israel, it’s a consequence of their historically deep-rooted tradition of antisemitism **

Or maybe they’re trying to kiss up to the energy producing nations of the world? Or the world’s one billion Muslims?

Please, when you’re quoting several posters in the same answer, make sure to let the name of the poster you’re responding to appear. I don’t like the comment above, made by someone else, being associated with my own words you’re responding to in the rest of your post.

So, assuming, that you’re right and that there’s a world-wide interest in Israel mainly because there’s a lot of christians around, you’re agreeing that this disproportionnate interest do exist (hence isn’t limited to UN resolutions) and isn’t necessarily tied to antisemitism? Though I don’t think this explanation is sufficient, it seems to me you’re actually supporting my case.

I’m not sure what you mean here. That european people are trying to compensate the wrong done by their ancestors to the Jews by showing some interest to Israel? Then, they should be massively supporting Israel. Or do you mean that at the contrary, european people are blaming the Israelis because it would somehow justify post hoc the supposed crime of their ancestors?

Did it cross your mind that possibly european people base their opinion mostly on what they know of the current situation in the middle-east rather than on some supposedly inherited shame?

As for myself, I’ve really no need to make my “ancestors” (actually, that would rather be my parents and grand-parents, since you’re obviously refering to the holocaust) look less bad. Amongst other things, my father was deported and my grand-father avoided being hanged out of pure luck at these times. Nevertheless, I still doesn’t agree at all with Israel’s policies.

And more importantly, no one can be blamed or congratulated for his ancestors’ s actions. I’ve exactly zero responsability in what they did.

I don’t see any mention of the “nazis Israelis, etc…” in my post. I don’t remember this being mentionned in any UN resolution, either. So, what are you responding to, exactly?

Yes. Because it’s well known that the muslims actually are secretly dominating the world (including the aforementionned Vanuatu and Botswana). :rolleyes: Did you know that they also own all the medias? I read it in an interesting book titled “The protocol of the elder of Mecca” or something similar.