Why We Won't Be Taking a Cruise on Carnival Again

I dunno. I feel like it would just suck balls to have to deal with lack of handicap accessibility constantly. It might not seem like a big thing in this isolated instance but as an overarching pattern of suckitude I could see it being a straw that broke the camel’s back kind of thing.

The only cruise I’ve ever been on was over the top accommodating because the people paying for it were paying for like 30 of us plus a major wedding-level event black tie affair sort of thing. I wouldn’t even know how to compare that level of spoiled to what a normal person might expect. (I don’t think it was Carnival… Celebrity?) What I do remember, though, is that even at the absolute top level of accommodation, it still wasn’t quite hotel fancy. The best part of the cruise, I think, is the places you visit, not the rooms.

I don’t think she’s being unreasonable.
Cruises are expensive vacations, and they have a sense of taking care of their passengers in all the little ways.

The big failure was the room. Once you have that, all the other issues get magnified. The kettle was know-able before hand. But the hot water carafe, the staining of the towel (presumably from the quality of the water), the battery…they add up to an operation that wants to skimp on quality in order to make money.

Is that a criminal offense? No. Is it reasonable for someone to decide that they’d rather spend their money on a higher class operation in the future? Absolutely.

They didn’t try to rescue the patient: they’ve got wonderful facilities and good medical staff.

What they did, what they always try to do, it they got rid of the patient.

Wonderful that this time there was somewhere for the patient to go. Sucks when you’re dumped at a third-world port where the hospital has no equipment and no medicine.

Walmart, not Kmart. Because whatever your opinion of their product, they are very successful.

My mistake - I thought that was her pre-Gifford name. Didn’t realize there were two of them. No matter - I still hated her commercials - they’re evil earworms!

She was using the name Kathie Lee Johnson before marrying Gifford. You might be mixing her name up with Cathy Lee Crosby who appeared in “That’s Incredible!” in the '80s. :smiley:

Yes, that’s normal. Those things cost a ton to keep afloat and any maintenance which can’t be done while moving or in a few hours needs much more than just one day.

I saw a program about the behind-the-scenes activities of a cruise ship turn-around, and it was amazing! I think it was filmed on one of Royal Caribbean’s bigger ships out of Miami, over 5000 passengers, if I recall. It seemed like everyone just short of the captain had to help get luggage off and on, help load and store supplies, and get the rooms cleaned and made up for the next batch of passengers. So well choreographed!!!

At the end of a couple of cruises, I was at the rail in the dark of the morning as the ship tied up and folks began the process of taking off the luggage and staging it in customs. I was really impressed with the efficiency and the speed. Those people work their butts off in the few hours they have to turn around the ship.

Indeed. I’ve been on a few cruises (Celebrity) and every time there has been painting going on. It’s done continuously.