Why weight a Pinewood Car?

The tape player and speakers will probably put it over the weight limit.

Not if I can find a musical greeting card that plays Turkey in the Straw.

I’d say go for it. I won the informal dad’s race, and not just because my car was faster. It was modeled after the Death Mobile in Animal House, and I won before the cars even ran because it was the coolest car there.

Skammer, you absolutely must do this. That would be awesome.

Thanks, all. Very interesting study vs. what academics teaches.

I’m inspired, now, but I’m having trouble sourcing musical greeting cards on the web. It doesn’t have to be Turkey in the Straw - Pop Goes the Weasel would work just as well of course. :slight_smile:

I know there are places that will do custom sound chips, but they are provided in bulk and I’m not inspired enough to commit that level of financial investment!

ETA: according to this story, the most common ice-cream truck songs are “The Entertainer,” “Turkey in the Straw,” “Sailing, Sailing,” “Little Brown Jug” and “Camptown Races.”

Reminds me of an old saying. In theory there is no difference between theory and practice but in practice there is.

Here’s a device ($10) that allows you to record what you wish.

That just might work! I’ll bump this thread in a month or so with results :).

Be sure to include a Dash Cam in case a meteor flashes by or a very bad actor throws himself on the hood of the car to claim injury damages*.

*Reference to Daily Show and Colbert a couple nights ago with Russian video clips on YouTube.