why won't fast food restaurants serve real iced tea?

OKay , am I the only one here that likes the fake stuff??? I think the real brewed stuff is gross.

Because it’s fast food. It’s not supposed to be real, fancy, takes time and effort to make. It’s supposed to be quick, easy and cheap.

Yarrgghh! That is a HUGE pet peeve of mine.

“Our pies are homemade!”

Oh, horseshit. You poured your apples out of a plastic bag from the local wholesale food supply place just like everyone else. Stop lying to me!!

I’ve always had luck at Jack in the Box. And real lemon wedges, too.

For what it’s worth. All the soft drinks at my McDonalds come in as Bag In a Box. This doesn’t include coffee, milk, or apple juice.
The BIB makes it faster, and easier to keep product in stock.So, we don’t actually refill fountain syrup, we just change boxes.

The decision to go to BIB ice tea was a corporate decision. I'm sure the decision was carefully thought out, and customer feedback was sought.  Just like I'm sure the decision to open on Thanksgiving was motivated by concern for the community, and Not corporate greed.

At most stores the Coke service technician sets up the syrup to water ratio. Managers usually, don’t alter this . We can check ratios, if there is a customer complaint ,and fix a problem. We can change the amount of syrup,to get more out of a box, but why bother. Doing so can lead to complaints from customers, the need for a service call, or a visit from a corporate weanie. None of which is on my fun list of things to do today.

So, I don’t think McDonalds will be going back to brewed ice tea anytime soon. If you really want it, you will have to convince the corporation that it is losing money from BIB ice tea. I don’t want to seem negative, but those are the facts, to the best of my knowledge.

Maybe they have immigrants sleeping on the floor at night for 25 cents a pop. :slight_smile: