Wie got robbed

Like Berman said, she’ll be cashing many checks in her career. Just not one from this weekend. I think that takes the edge off her disappointment.

Well I suppose it’s her welcome to the LPGA, she’s with the big girls now, and has to follow all the rules to the T. I just can’t fathom how some asshole would make it his responsibility to point out a MINOR infraction like this, especially under the circumstances. I hope somebody in his office snitches on him for some minor infraction he has committed and he is reprimanded by the harshest sentence.

Anyone playing in a (L)PGA tournament must abide by the rules. Had she done this as an amateur, she’d still have been disqualified. They wouldn’t have taken the check away because she wouldn’t have been eligible for one as an amateur. She’s played in many professional events in the last few years.

am I the only person who thought the OP was a typo? (I don’t even read the headlines on the sports page.)

I did too. Then the obvious comment on the title flashed into my mind and I read the thread, looking for someone, anyone to point out that the title should have been:

“Wie wuz robbed!”

:smiley:

I didn’t know a member of the the media could ask for such a recall. I wonder if a NBC will jump on Leinart’s fumble, the Angels beatwriter with game two, a reporter who likes the Raiders with Brady’s tuck rule fumble, etc etc.

What a difference a day makes. On Friday Michelle is drawing on some knowledge she picked up watching the telly by getting relief from a bush with some bees hovering around (as they will), then the next day she makes the basic mistake of taking a drop that ended up nearer the whole. Like all the other players who haev been penalised for similar rule infractions, she’ll learn from her mistake.

And spare a thought for the world’s best female golfer, the Tiger Woods of the women’s game, Annika Sorenstam, who won the tournament by eight shots to give her eight tournament victories for the year.