Will history judge it a "damn fool war"? Yes or no.

As for being able to afford it, see my first post…I don’t think it’s in the U.S.A.'s budget to save everyone on this planet. And the oil-rich countries with their palaces for the elite should pony up if we’re going to make a real change.

Why not?

I mean, say I’m standing at a cliff. There are three guys who’ve been unlucky enough to topple off the edge, and are all hanging on by their fingertips. I only have time to pull up one guy, before the others fall. Should I not help any of them, because, whoever I saved, it wouldn’t be fair to let two of the guys go unaided?

Unless you’re in favor of attacking countries at random, Rancloth, there has to be some kind of decision-making criteria at work.

Iraq was attacked for specific reasons. Most on this board don’t agree with those reasons, or what the response should have been for those reasons, but it they were there none the less.

reasons = lies

The ones made public anyway.

And off we go to Great Debates.

And might I note that the OP asked for a simple “yes” or “no” answer, and only one person responded correctly. Love to see what you people would do with a simple bundt cake recipe.

Yes, we are an unruly and head-strong bunch, but only the control freaks get upset about it. :smiley:

And “Yes”, it’s a damn fool war.

History be damned. Men make decisions in real time.

The war in Iraq was the most foresighted and altruistic war that has ever been brought about in our time. If the outcome of this war is the establishment of freedom in Iraq, it may prove to be the beginning of a new world order; a new world free of tyrants and dictators and kings.

No! The Iraqi war was not a foolish war.

The Iraqi war was a courageous and magnificent expression of human love for other humans.

It was and it remains a damn fool war.

Yes.

I’m ready to tear up that bundt cake recipe now.

Hmmm, I guess you’re right…
(and the Marshal plan must count as one of history’s smartest moves)

**Czarcasm **, a simple “yes” or “no” answer was always unlikely, it’s not quite a “have you stopped beating your wife” question - but most people have complex feelings about the Iraq war and many have changed opinions already (both pro and con). No-one knows how things will turn out in Iraq and the region and that must influence many people’s final judgement.
As for :-
Milum’s

This not being the pit, I don’t have the words…
oh, this was a love war, how could I have been so blind…

Too bad Barry White died before he could record ‘Love War.’ How I miss Barry and his Weapon of Mass Seduction, AKA the Love Unlimited Orchestra.

Sure, the US has freed the Iraqis from a tyrant - by bombing them right into the Middle Ages. The infrastructure’s fucked. Afghanistan was a similar deal. Maybe the financial stuff and the infrastructure will correct itself. Maybe a fair government will be implemented. I don’t think both, or even one, will happen, but that’s simply an opinion. Altruistic? Maybe. Foolish? Definately, IMHO.

Also: If we were so compassionate towards the Iraqis, why are they killing our soldiers?

Yes it is a damm fool war. When will people realize the only thing America is good at is the cut and run. We can’t win any war. So what a if we have a terrorist attack every 7 years or so I can live with that. There is not need to show the world that we have an army that will go and kill a bunch of people if we are attacked. Lets pray this all goes away.

>> Afghanistan was a similar deal

Nope. The USA requested from the Afghan government they hand over those responsible for 9/11. The Taliban refused and the USA had every right to come in to take them and destroy the government which had supported an attack on the USA. Not the same deal by any means.

Yes

1. The evidence used to justify this war has been proved false or was not completely true.

Saddam possesed Weapons of Mass destruction-no evidence
Saddam supported Al Queda-no evidence

Maybe we should focus on the real center of state sponsored terrorism-ourselves and Saudi Arabia.

Anyone remember the Iran Contra affair. It is not like we are totally innocent when it comes to terrorism.

We have absolutely no right to act unilaterally and invade another nation. Yes, those responsible should be brrought to justice but that is no reason for us to simply take over the entire country. Removing entire governments because we do not agree with their methods or politics is a form of state sponsored terrorism that our country has practised often throughout our young history.

Also, who cares about the hundreds of thousands of Iraqi civilians who have dies as a result of our involvement in Iraqi for the past decade. It is easy to forget that our armed forces and government has directly and indirectly killed many of the people that we are trying to “liberate”. But I guess that these deaths are justified collateral damage because they were done in the name of “peace” and “Democracy”. No one wins in war! We need to work with the United Nations, and not against them, in order to establish a more humane and peaceful world community.

Also, who cares about the hundreds of thousands of Iraqi civilians who have died as a result of our involvement in Iraqi for the past decade. It is easy to forget that our armed forces and government has directly and indirectly killed many of the people that we are trying to “liberate”. But I guess that these deaths are justified collateral damage because they were done in the name of “peace” and “Democracy”. No one wins in war! We need to work with the United Nations, and not against them, in order to establish a more humane and peaceful world community.