Will the U.S. Profit from the Iraq War ?

However, your context was that Iraq was “Iraq was doing well compared to other Arab countries prior to Saddam’s rise.” The departute of the Jews from Iraq (however one characterizes that departure) occurred 20 years prior to the rise of Hussein.

Hell, I’m sure this won’t go over well, but I’d say Iraq was in pretty good shape compared to other Arab countries after Sadaam’s rise. It’s not like people weren’t getting killed en masse in Iran, Syria, or Lebanon. At least in Iraq there was some level of freedom from strict Islamic code and some level of religious freedom. Sure Iraq looked bad compared to the West, but if you look at it in the context of that part of the world it wasn’t half bad.

It seems adaher was either being disingenuous or imcompetent. I can only guess which.

laigle,
The citeria used fo rmaking a judgement are crucial to the value of the judgement.

Adager seems to have a habit to play around with numbers and statistics in order to “confirm” his strange world view, as I already noticed in another Israel related thread.

Tom, while I agree with almost all your postings, I seriously doubt this statement. I think that the countries which opposed the war would have never changed their mind.

that was, adaher, not adager, of course.

Ahhh. You have finally stepped into the light. We can now see you for what you are.