Will this election also be decided by the perverse American fetish for GUNS?

lol @ fighting the US military with a few assault weapons. It’s pandering, just like the tax issue “It’s YOUR money” (so let’s give trillions to the 1%)

Could I go out into a field and shoot an animal with just a bump stock?

No, but you can hit a bunny rabbit over the head with it.

I agree that you are too stupid to argue with. But it is times like this that I feel like I’m clubbing baby seals when I post the letter of the law and they will not even try to read and understand it.

Or perhaps you can tell me exactly which part of 27 CFR you do not agree with?

No. But not all firearms as they are defined by the government actually fire projectiles. The government also includes drop-in auto sears (the part that makes a machine gun fire repeatedly) and silencers in the definition of firearms.

Any other pro-gun people agree that a bump stock is a firearm in and of itself?

Oh, that is a new one! Federal law is actually a popularity contest? The universe is going to own you some day if you keep thinking like this.

Well, I’ve never argued that the government wasn’t stupid sometimes.

I’m not going to argue with you there. But who decides what a firearm is? The government or the likes of you and Czarcasm? Seeing as how I’m subject to those laws, I’m going to side with the feds on that definition. It will keep me out of jail longer.

Hey, you can think whatever you want. And we can mock you for it. 'Merica!

Yes, the real price of the 1st Amendment.

Czarcasm has left the thread and created another one to drum up support for his “I say what guns are, not the federal government” tripe.

https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=882349 Tune in there for more baby seal clubbing. :slight_smile:

This ain’t France - there is no Académie Française in America. So you want to know who doesn’t define what a gun is America? The government!

I’m a gun owner (just one rifle right now). I say the current status quo is bullshit.

I’m ALL for background checks, federal regulation to replace and over-rule the states with their crazy randomness, and I’m all for making sure crazy people and gun nut far right conspiracy freaks, Nazis, extremists, fascists, etc, can never get anything more dangerous than a paperclip.

People’s right to stay alive out ranks some Ted “ShittyPantsDraftDodger” Nugent asshole wannabe’s desire to compensate for a tiny dick or play out some sick right wng “kill the libs” bullshit fantasy.

Yeah I said it.

Why does anyone need a bump stock?

Is it of ANY use in hunting, target shooting, home defense, (any other “reason” to have guns and shit) or anything other than spraying large groups of people? quickly?

Take them all and melt them down, smash them, dump them in the ocean, whatever.

Would you be willing to give up your own rifle to achieve this? I mean, I have a hard time thinking of a net that will scoop up the far right that has holes large enough for the sane to slip thorough.

It seems that you are including people you merely dislike in the group of people who should be denied guns. I’ve no sympathy for fascists (aren’t all nazis fascists?), but I’m not about to deny guns to people simply because I don’t like them.

The list to me looks like people who are mentally unsound and/or openly espouse violent policy, give or take “extremists” which is a rather generic term. (As is “etc.”, I suppose.)

I mean, I’m sure he dislikes these people, but they also sound legitimately unsafe.

At this point, SURE. If they pass a law tomorrow saying turn in ALL semiautos (including .22LR which mine is) I would comply.

My only “condition” is, don’t arrest me or shoot me while trying to turn it in.

But it is unlikely I would be grouped with the crazies. I have no police record, no warrants, no psychological issues, and am not affiliated with any gangs/groups - fascist/racist/Marxist/“islamist” or otherwise.

The only “crimes” I ever did were parking and speeding… LONG ago.

Fuck the fascists and the Nazis. And they aren’t necessarily the same identical thing in ALL ways. But, close enough.