Window treatments to allow walking around naked indoors

There is a building in downtown sacramento that has the coating on the windows and when you are east bound on I-80 with the sun in just the right spot it is one of the biggest retina hurters I have seen, the solar panals on the roof are especially bad

Yes, this is what I would prefer if the building codes allow it. You can get windows tinted the same way as a limousine’s. Then you don’t even have to worry about turning lights on, nobody will ever be able to see in (unless they press their face right up against the glass).

Indeed, a fun Candid Camera bit would be to have a little girl scream while pointing at one of those glass enclosed public toilets about 10 seconds after someone goes in, with the quickly encircling crowd looking something like this. :eek:

I just went to Target and bought some sheer ivory curtain panels for around $5 each. They let in a lot of light and allow me to see out. But, when looking into my house from the street (about 25 feet to the curb), I could not see enough detail to know whether someone inside was naked or not (thought I could see the person).

In the bathroom of my house, we have some plantation shutters like this, where they only cover half the window. While sitting on the commode, I can still look out my window, and when standing, only my head is showing out the window.

You don’t even have to want to walk around naked to want something like this. I want my curtains open all the time but the SO has this fear that someone will see our big screen TV or our stuff and break in. I say, they would anyway, but I know I will never win this battle.

Some good ideas in here. Thank you.

Not a real concern for most people. Most cities have no regulation regarding the reflectivity of windows. Neighborhood covenants however may restrict just about anything.

Homes are usually placed so as to never have a car on a road shining it’s headlight right at the house. People think about these things when deciding where to put houses and roads, really, they do. If it’s unavoidable due to road curvature - hedges.

Unless your anatomy is very, very different from mine, your sunglasses are never backlit. That’s the problem with windows at night–the lights on inside reflect from interior objects and then out the windows, rendering them visible to outside observers. This would happen with your sunglasses as well, if you somehow inserted a bright light source between the glasses and your eyes. (A procedure I’m not recommending, by the way. :slight_smile: )

This summer we discussed people with tin foil in windows and the glare it produces which can be blinding. i won’t be searching for the thread.