Women Dopers: Ever Expel an IUD?

So that cold I was all worried about prior to the surgery - completely gone as soon as I woke up. I was pretty bad off the morning of surgery too - horrible sinus headache, sneezing, stuffy nose, coughing, the works. I woke up and bam - no more cold.

Not that I recommend having surgery as a way to get over a cold, but it was a very pleasant side-effect.

:slight_smile:

Glad to hear you’re doing well! And over your cold!

Years ago prior to some female innards surgery or other, I had developed a mysterious ache in one arm and shoulder – probably a strained muscle or some such thing. I told the anaesthesiologist and doctors about so that (a) they would please not add to the difficulties of that limb and (b) would not think something was horribly wrong because of their treatment. Surprise, surprise! After the surgery on my guts, the arms was better, too. I thanked the medical staff for that and they rather inidignantly proclaimed that they did NOT do anything to my arm! My theory was that the relaxation of the anaesthesia also uncramped the muscle.

I’ve had an annoying cold this week. It’s almost better now, but a week ago I’d have submitted to surgery to rid myself of it.