"Wordle," a strangely compelling word game

Wordle 210 3/6*

:yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:
:green_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

tied my best ever. also my fastest in terms of time. still have not lost. will be crushed when i have.

I’ve only played twice and today I got it in three. Yesterday took to 5.

I was pretty surprised actually, but pleased.

Wordle 211 4/6

:white_large_square::green_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::white_large_square::green_square::green_square:

I got lucky with the first word but couldn’t convert.

Lots of 5 and 6s for me in the last half of this week. I’m not competing with anyone but myself, so I’m good. Another 5 today.

Wordle 210 5/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:

BEAST
APPLY
PARKS
PANDA
PANIC

Wordle 210 4/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:yellow_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:

GHOST
ADIEU
RAINY
PANIC

I had some browser issues yesterday and cleared my cookies. My 16-17 day streak was gone when I went there today. :hot_face:

Do they have a login, I wonder?

Wordle 210 3/6*

:white_large_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:

TANGY → good start, next KO some commons
SANER → try something with an ‘I’ next
PANIC

Starting with yesterday’s did most of the work.

But what the heck was your third guess?

That would be a spoiler for #211. I don’t think most of us want to know that yet.

I’m not aware of any, sorry.

No, there’s no login and based on articles I’ve read about the game and the creator’s aims, don’t expect anything like that. The game runs entirely in your browser and there’s no backend database to store login info. So the lesson for everybody is, don’t clear your cookies for this site if you want to maintain your stats, sorry.

Wordle 210 4/6*

:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::green_square::green_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::green_square::green_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:

19/20 overall, current streak 7, max streak 10 (I missed a day right after I started playing).

SWEAT
RANDY
MANGO
<—I really thought this was it.

PANIC

Yep. Still bugs the crap out of me that it’s not 100%. :frowning:

Besides not clearing cookies, also do not miss a day or your streak will get reset.

Which was inevitable at some point, anyway. No biggie, still fun.

Got it in three guesses today.

If anyone is interested in another site that lets you do unlimited ones and even increase the letter total, here is a site I call “Wordle Unlimited”.

Not as slick, but still fun.

Five, this time. Jan 15, #210.

AUTOS
REGAL
CANDY
MANIC
PANIC

First time I ever got it in 2.

Wordle 210 2/6*

:white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square:

I started with my usual word RATIO.

I do it on my phone sometimes and my PC sometimes, so my stats are wrong anyway. :frowning:

Nicely played!

Oh that just sucks.

I’ve been lucky in that I’ve always played on my phone.

It’s interesting that in “hard” mode, getting very lucky with three on the first guess can be suboptimal if there remain numerous possible solutions, since you can only eliminate two of the remaining letters at each subsequent guess.