Worst Christmas Decoration

“Bring me the Head of Santa Claus!”

I have two Peanuts-themed Nativity sets. I think they’re cute, but apparently some people find it blasphemous that the Baby Jesus is portrayed by Woodstock in both sets.

^ Is Linus a shepherd? And is Sally his wife? Isn’t he just the cutest thing?

If you want to see some really horrendous Christmas decorating watch The Great Christmas Light Fight on ABC. UGH! I watched part of it last night and couldn’t believe my eyes. In my mind, Christmas lighting is supposed to be beautiful. These displays were downright garish. It was like how many crappy, inflatable Santas and teddy bears can I fit on my lawn? One guy in NY had 2 life-size store mannequins dressed up in old-fashioned (1800’s) outfits “dancing” on a pedestal (they were spinning). He had the male mannequins arms posed like he was strangling the woman. The male also had a REALLY bad wig on that hadn’t been combed. OMG it was so horrible. I was embarrassed for the homeowner. BUT he won!!!

None of the displays were pretty, just one decoration next to/on top of the other. ICK

I saw some of that and it dragged my Christmas spirit into the negative numbers. ICK is right.

GEICO Lighten Up

Bah!
Humbug!

Christmas a humbug, uncle!

:smiley:

Strangely enough, both sets feature Linus as a wise man/King. The ceramic one has Sally as a shepherd, and the resin one has her as an angel.

And Snoopy is playing all the animals? :wink:

(I’ll stop now)

Isn’t there something in the Ten Commandments about this?

I know Snoopy did a decent sheep impression, but I don’t remember the neighbor’s ass being involved. (Also, wasn’t his neighbor a cat?)

XD Both set designers missed a golden opportunity there… Snoopy is a drummer shepherd in one, and a plain shepherd in the other.

At least it’s not Darth Vader!

Just saw a short bit ago an inflated snowman … with an inflated travel trailer next to it. Like one of those dinky 50s vacation trailers but not even an Airstream.

I did a Google image search to see if I could find a pic. Several more-Christmassy ones with a Santa and such. Some even have the obligatory oh-so-Yule penguin. But this was just gray with a little bit of red and green trim, no characters.

What? Did I miss the memo? Are trailers an Xmas thing now?

Figure out a way to make it emit fart noises :slight_smile:

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I think I saw the yard of someone who hated all of the nice displays his neighbors had. He had standing alone, at the road, a life size Will Ferrell Elf lawn ornament. It was truly hideous to behold.

Seems that way. Utterly no idea why. I was at a Christmas shop tonight and they had several kinds and sizes of campers as ornaments.

Maybe it started as a National Lampoon reference?