Worst SNL sketch ever?

To answer the OP…
Pretty much any sketch, post 1989 or so, IMHO.

What, no Goat-boy?

Huh? I remember that skit, and it was hysterical. Pesci tried on a pinkie ring and looked in the mirror, then - silently - started acting like an important mobster to see how the ring looked, and slowly moved from being an important don being flattered by an associate to being annoyed with something that had happened and finally devolving into kicking the shit out of an imaginary person. All completely silent, even though what he was mouthing into the mirror was completely obvious.

Luckily I had forgotten about goat boy- that may in fact be the worst, and Jim Bruer may be the worst cast member ever. He thinks he’s a comedian for stoners? Stupid teenage fratboy type stoners maybe, not intellgent stoners- man I hate that guy.

That’s like complaining that the Roling Stones played *Paint It Black * at the concert you went to. The sketch was “rehashed” in Python’s live show many times. Besides you have to put it in context, the SNL crew were trying to expose something they loved to a wider American audience. They did something similar with the Dudley Moore/Peter Cooke episode. There were many “rehashes” of their best bits. IMHO it was one of the best episodes in SNL history.

I disagree. I like that ending.

David Spade: Can we, like, end this sketch?
Rob Schneider: You like-a de sketch to end, eh? Sketch goes on too long, eh?

I thought that was pretty funny.

I remember one in the 80’s: Tornado alley or something like that.

The joke was that this town had tornadoes all the time. Character after character would come into this general store and remark on the damge from the Tornado. The audience nervously chuckled at first when one guy entered with a hanger through his head.

It became silent after that. The Hanger guy (I believe it was Anthony Michael Hall) decided to desperately go for another laugh by poking at the coat hanger. He received a cough.
Everyone looked humiliated and whatever energy they had at the start evaporated quickly to the point where most dropped out of character and just gave their lines as quickly as possible.

Before that I had never heard a more silent ending to a sketch.

For the love of God, yes! I pretty much haven’t watced SNL since the mid-late 90’s (and even then I didn’t watch all that much of it,) but I hated with a passion anything with Jim Bruer, but especially Goat-Boy.

However, someone mentioned that in a recent episode with Hugh Laurie, there was a fart joke sketch, and I am reminded of the actual last time I watched a new episode of SNL from start to finish, back in 2003. I can’t recall the guest star, but the musical guest was Outkast, but one of the sketches was just two (maybe three?) of the actors in a room with fake cow asses everywhere, and the cow asses kept farting. God, do they have six year-olds writing for this show?

I like the Falconer, too. There’s a certain Toonce The Cat je ne sais pas magic to that bird that gives me the giggles.

Debbie Downer is pretty damn lame, but I’m sure it’s not the worst skit ever.

I nominate the skit with Chris Farley (I believe) spoofing the 1990’s cluster of similar-sounding Aerosmith songs. It went on too long and the joke got lame really quickly.

“Nick the Nock.” Joe Piscopo as a giant medieval simpleton, and Mary Gross as the Blue Fairy reciting a poem about how “Love Never Dies.” Then Piscopo grabs her and bites her head off, spurting green blood. Written by Michael O’Donoghue, who was having trouble distinguishing between “edgy” and “good.” I gather Piscopo never looked O’Donoghue in the eye again after that one.

I stopped watching about 1980 or so. Every now and then I cath a skit while channel-surfing in a hotel, or morbid curiosity causes me to rent a ‘Best Of’ video. Except for a few good moments, it doesn’t look like I’ve missed much.

Hmm. Variants of these two ideas were used on Seinfeld and they worked fine.

Ah, ya just didn’t get it. Every time Joe tried on a ring, he would model it in the mirror while doing an over-the-top silent-mime version of one of his mobster characters. And his lips were real easy to read – you could tell tell when he was saying, “No, fuck YOU!”

There was a skit with Patrick Stewart where he was the proprietor of an ‘erotic cakes’ bakery, but all the cakes (we’re told) look like people peeing into a toilet.

A skit with Kevin Nealon & Janine Garefalo as parents who don’t realize Santa Claus isn’t real and were disappointed every Christmas morning when there were no presents from Santa under the tree.

The masturbating zombies skit was pretty dumb. I’m glad they banned it from ever being repeated (not morally offended by it, just thought it was stupid.)

And even though I know some of you folks will flame me for this, I never was very amused by the ‘Ambiguously Gay Duo.’

This sketch was on the first SNL episode I ever watched – probably 1988 or so. As such, I’ll always have a soft spot for it, but objectively, yeah, it was dumb. :cool:

Pun intended? I giggle at their car, but the rest of it is pretty dumb, and not even that much mroe suggestive than the average episode of He-Man.

Just as there are some who believe that Saturday Night Live lived up to its early years, I believe it’s never lived down to its early years either.

The “lost season” of 1979-1980 was one unfunny sketch after another.

My personal vote for worst sketch ever goes to a painful appearance by George Kennedy in 1981. It was a post 12:30 sketch that not only wasn’t funny, but it covered two segments and was interrupted by a commercial break.