Worst Television Cross-over

There was an ‘Everybody Loves Raymond’ and ‘King of Queens’ crossover that should have worked. It looked good on paper, it was logical enough since the families lived in the same general geographical area, and it was actually kind of funny. But for some reason it irritated me more than amused me.

Ray Romano actually appeared in four episodes of The King of Queens and Kevin James appeared in two episodes of Everybody Loves Raymond as Doug Heffernan.

Walter Cronkite appearing on “Mary Tyler Moore”.

Not Johnny Carson? :dubious:

I’m sure he was on Johnny Carson, too.

There was an “Alpha”/“Warehouse 13” crossover which didn’t work because the tones of the shows were quite different - “Warehouse 13” was light-hearted and basically a comedy/drama while “Alphas” was drama, with forays into grim.

I could be wrong as it has been years, but I think you might be thinking of the Eureka/Warehouse 13 crossover. (Both shows were similar in tone but the crossover wasn’t what it could have been.) A Warehouse 13 character DID show up on Alphas (Lindsay Wagner’s doctor) but I don’t recall anything being made of it. Much less a crossover than a character cameo. Alphas being much more serious in tone it’s probably just as well.

I was referring to Johnny’s “appearance” on MTM.

It was a backdoor pilot and not officially a crossover but introducing Mork on Happy Days made no sense and is pretty unwatchable. Of course 11 year old me loved it.

Which was what the writers said when series creator Garry Marshall said his eight year old son wanted to see a spaceman on “Happy Days”

Whoosh

I didn’t watch Alphas, but I saw all of Warehouse 13. If there had been a crossover, I wouldn’t have recognized it. Eureka’s crossover with Warehouse 13 made complete sense.
I may have to get out our* Eureka* DVDs and watch the entire show again just because you brought it up. :wink:

I was thinking of the Lindsay Wagner visit to Alphas, implicitly tying the universes together - I shouldn’t have called it a cross-over. The Eureka/Warehouse 13 crossover didn’t bother me - as you say, the tones were very similar for the two series.

Those aren’t proper crossovers-they are cameos.

I don’t know about worse but I hate when the syndicated reruns show one half but not the other

theres a magnum pi/murder she wrote cross over that ive never seen the first half of because magnums hard to find these days…

Although the creators of diagnosis murder managed to have mannix and matlock join in the same episode (although I think it was because they were dicks irl friends …) but andy could barley talk in his 3 or 4 scenes …

How about the muppet John Munch on The Muppet Show?

The recent Hawaii 5-O/MacGyver was pretty lame, but not iconically so.

As an aside, I just wanted to mention that JAKE 2.0 had Lee Majors show up for an episode as – well, a secret agent from the 1970s, who keeps dropping hints about his crazy athleticism but never winds up in a situation where bionics would come in handy. Because if he’s behind you and has his gun out, who cares whether he’d also be able to beat you with superstrength? There’s not gonna be a fight! And we never see just how fast he can run across town, because, well, he has a sports car, like, right there.

Scooby Doo meets Batman and Robin.

I disagree. When it first showed up I thought “Oh boy, this is it. They’ve really fallen into the realm of Really Bad Show Ideas.” The phrase “jump the shark” hadn’t been invented yet*

And then I saw Robin Williams’ performance and it utterly blew me away. I don’t care whether it fits the show or not – it would’ve been a shame not to have that episode.

*I don’t think Fonzie had actually jumped the shark yet on Happy Days