Worst Things You've Done?

Voted for Reagan in '84.

By my count, I’ve broken 9 Commandments.

For what that’s worth.

ETA: Unless “Do not kill” includes non-human things, then it’s 10.

Not unless it was a rather cunning monkey.

I was the Other Woman once. I didn’t know at first but figured it out eventually and, you know, didn’t stop.

Also I tagged a fat, miserable girl with a very mean nickname in middle school. I was so awful to her because she was at the bottom rung of the food chain and I was on the second to bottom rung, which means I was twenty times meaner than the popular kids. I’d look her up now to apologize only I don’t think it would make her feel better, just me.

Oh, and I burn with lust recreationally.

Ditto. Must be a librarian thing. :wink:

The first time I read the book The Exorcist?

Easter Sunday.

I’ve never owned a moral compass. I’ve never felt really bad about any of the stuff I’ve done.

OP, I well remember the first migraine headache I ever had. Let’s just say it was brought on because I seriously burned with lust----indiscriminate lust-----and my baptism didn’t make me stop burning with lust. Lust made me feel guilty; feeling guilty led to my first migraine.

Be a little easier on yourself. Accept your lust and embrace it for what it is.

Yeah, I am up to the same number, and the same exception.

Fortunately, juvenile records are sealed, and I made sure they were expunged as soon as I was able.

The worst of the worst - seriously considering to break that last commandment when I came to my senses and got help. And that was almost twenty years ago.

I have no problem breaking most of the other nine though. I don’t believe in the rule maker, so I have no use for the rules, though I agree with a couple for non-religious reasons. I just view them as guidelines, not commandments.
And Lust is awesome! Sloth is my greatest bane at the moment, but when I younger it was Wrath. I am far happier trying to deal with Sloth. Far less collateral damage.

Wow. You invented trolling.

Please answer this honestly: am I a parent-abuser for doing what I have outlined in the OP?

In third grade or so, we had to create Mother’s Day cards. I created one for my mother that was from a made-up lover in Vietnam in an attempt to prove that my brother was not really my brother. In crayon.

That’s not the worst part.

I delivered it to her.

That’s a different thread, pal. And I’d be shy about starting it here.

Do you have a counselor or religious figure you can talk to?

I took a $20 out of my mom’s purse after she grounded me for something stupid.

I peed on someone’s car because he cut me off and he ended up (unwittingly) going to the same place I was going.

I asked a girl out in 8th grade and she said yes, but when the other boys made fun of me because she wasn’t cool, I told her I was just kidding.

I shot the family dog in our back yard because he was sleeping too much, and I found that boring.

I got tired of helping my 1st grade classmate with her math so I started giving her the wrong answers and she got a bad grade.

Well, if you’re called before Congress, I wouldn’t call Mickey Rooney for a character witness.

(You know, if I hadn’t seen that man labeled as an actor, I would have Sworn it was actually Mickey Rooney…)

No – just an out of control kid. (Although it depends on HOW you hit them, and how often) How did your family react? As for talking back – like I said, you’re fourteen. You’re acting your age. Not that it’s a GOOD thing to talk back to your parents and/or aunts, but it doesn’t make you abusive. Just a typical teenager. (You should have heard some of the crap I said to my parents!)
Once when we were kids I got pissed off at my sister and told her she that she had been a mistake. And when I was thirteen, I got in a fight with my parents and told them I was going to call 911 and lie and tell them they abused me. My mother managed to disconnect the phone, but they still sent a cop out (of course), and he tore me a new asshole.

You people are all weak. Not that I’m gonna confess mine. As far as I know there is no statute of limitations for that.

One day when I was in about 8th grade I spent an afternoon berating my little brother for being in Boy Scouts - just wouldn’t let up on how dumb an organization it was, what a waste of time, etc. The poor kid really loved scouting and I can’t fathom why I was so mean about it.

I wasn’t a typical “movie-style” older brother, sticking up for him on the school playground and teaching him the ways of the world. We played together sometimes, bugged each other sometimes, and could be indifferent or in our own heads the rest of the time. But I was generally nice and very seldom cruel, except for that one time. I still feel terrible about it.

As a very reluctant Altar Boy I used to pee in the holy water font and smile to my self when the priest used to sprinkle it over the congregation!

Pfftt…thats nothing, I worked for the Nader campaign in 2000. In Florida.

When we were wee lasses on the school bus, perhaps around age 9, I punched my best friend right in the nose. It didn’t actually do anything but smart for a minute or two, but I felt bad for a week.