Would a TV channel called "White Entertainment Television" be offensive?

Nice post. :rolleyes: Make the period after think a coma. I don’t wanna here any smartass comments about how the statement “I do think.” is a shock! Nor do I want to be asked for proof that I actually think! :mad:

Also make “toa” “to a”

L.A. news has (in the present or past) had a decent amount of Asian news people.

Lemme think: Trica Toyota, Sharon Tey, Ted Chen, Todd Fujisaki (sp?) and I know a BUNCH more. And, don’t forget, Connie Chung spent some time on KCBS. (I think it was KCBS. Or was it called KNXT back then?)

Anyway, plenty of Asian newspeople in Los Angeles, and I’m sure the rest of California as well.

Don’t have much to say about BET, though. It’s just another nichè market, not unlike TechTV, or SciFi, or HGTV. Whoopdedo.

Perhaps it should be a comma instead of a coma.

A comatose debate is usually pretty boring.

this channel exists already, but it’s called “Speed Channel”.

All white, All the time"

hell, all white european/american male, for that matter! no matter if the show is about an event in australia, europe, africa, north/south america or asia, its chock-full-o’white male!

Formula One is King!

I was about to prove I think - but I ended up with in a comma.

THE LONE RANGER

I LOVE LUCY

THE DICK VAN DYKE SHOW

FATHER KNOWS BEST

LEAVE IT TO BEAVER

THE MICKEY MOUSE CLUB

and of course

AMOS AND ANDY

of course you would have to have seen these in the 50’s and 60’s. the world was whiter then.

Dal Timgar

Would WET be offensive? Well, some people would surely be offended by it. I would not, as I would simply find it silly–just as I find the NAAWP: National Association for the Advancement of White People simply silly. (Some of it is clearly racist; most of it is clearly stupid.)

I agree completely. It’s very unfortunate.

But… the fact of the matter is, it seems that all minorities are made to be such great things over the majority. It’s not like we’re proud to be in the majority, but people (Jesse Jackson) prey on minorities & make them stand out. Also what seems to happen is a little racial/cultural war begins. Thus thrusting that minority up on a pedistal and then competing with the majority.

Sometimes we need to have such differences between us.

I read in the newspaper that a girl’s softball field sucked & wasn’t as good as the boy’s field. How much do boys play more than girls? A lot. To sue for such a thing is merely a ploy to get better facilities for free while feeding off the backs of the taxpayers. Thus bringing society down as a whole.

To give you a better perspective on this, consider illegal immigrants. You don’t want those Mexicans coming over, stealing your jobs, eating your food, taking what you, as an American, have been not only priviledged to, have have guaranteed rights are entitled to. And even to some still, if they aren’t illegal immigrants and just plain Mexicans, they should be allowed to bring society and the quality of life down in the USA.

BTW, reperations should die a horrible horrible death…

[Peter Griffinesque-hijack]

The only color that matters is green.

[/hijack]

Society was moving along at a nice clip for thousands of years until blood-sucking girls softball teams (armed with lawyers)showed up and brought it crashing down.

Uhm … cite? I know of no reason why girls can’t be as physically active as guys.

And if they are equally active, but the girls are getting shafted in terms of maintenance and care, then they are being treated unfairly and should definitely go get some justice.

Does someone have a translation for this? Or should I dismiss it as the usual anti-Hispanic balderdash?

I have been looking for a forum to discuss this topic forever.
First things first…I am about as anti racist as one can be. I don’t care about race, color, creed, nationality etc. We are all HUMAN!

What constantly does get my panties in a bunch is the never ending attempts from American born and raised black people to purposely segregate themselves from everyone else. BET has been around a long time, and it is what it is. I choose not to watch because I disagree with segretation in all forms.

Now you might be thinking to yourself, it’s just one tv channel, no big deal, but you would be wrong.
It’s so much more, that there isn’t enough room to tell you all about it, so I’m gonna sum it up for you and you can research for yourself.

I don’t understand why people protested…and I’m talking hard core protesting, like getting arrested protesting to end segregation. No more signs saying “whites only” or “blacks must use bathroom out back” “no seating for blacks” Etc. Etc. Etc. Blacks fought hard to end this stupidity and WON!! Yes, they changed America!! For the better. When black people think about their ancestors, that is what should come to mind, and they should be proud! They should not be talking about slavery. I bet not one black man or woman alive today was ever a slave to anyone. I’m German and Jewish from both sides of my family but I dont constantly blame my heritage for the Holocaust. It happened, I didn’t have any more control over what happened than today’s black people had or suffered from slavery. It’s history and should never be forgotten, but don’t build your life around it. That’s why your ancestors fought for, so you wouldn’t have to.
Let me get to my point…

Everywhere I look, I find black people reverting back to segretation. I see it with BET, I see it in Magazines. I see it in music, it’s everywhere. Don’t believe me?? Search for “magazines for black people.” I’ll post a short list for you, including black tv channels. Even Valentines day is now apparently for whites only because there is a Black Love Day. Feb. 13th. Here’s more to think about.
Essence magazine
Ebony magazine
Brown sugar show
BET TV
Black history month
BLM
Black love day Feb 13th
Juneteenth
Upscale magazine
Sister 2 sister magazine
Jet magazine
Black men magazine
Shrlereese magazine
Monarch magazine
Harlem world Magazine
African American golfers digest
Heart and soul magazine
Homes of color magazine
African Americans on wheels magazine
American legacy magazine
Black bride and groom magazine
Black collegian magazine
Black family digest
Black issues book review magazine
Diversity Inc magazine
Black woman
African woman magazine
Spell magazine

Bounce TV
Centric tv.com
TV one
Africa channel
Aspire TV
BLACK PEOPLE MEET

Do you know what would happen if someone came out with “White Family Digest” or “White Men Magazine” Or “White People Meet”.
I do…all hell would break loose and whites would be called racists and trying to bring back segregation.
Why do blacks try so hard to undo what your ancestors fought so hard against? I understand you are proud of your heritage. …I get it, I really do. But where is the line between being proud and being racist? Racism works both ways. When this ideology of promoting your race backfires, then what?? What’s so terrible with just being HUMAN?

Uh oh.

Hey, nice thread bump. Welcome to the Dope!

Zombies come in all colors? I need to expand my bubble a bit.

So you missed the primer in school on targeted marketing? Or [the term escapes me but it is based on using an existing well known event or idea and piggy-backing atop it.]

My advice to you is to spend a month eschewing all mainstream media and only consuming the media in the long list you just mentioned. Don’t worry they don’t arrest you if a white person buys a copy of Ebony. This will serve two purposes. First you might actually learn something about the black experience that will help you understand why saying “just get over it” with regard to the generational crimes against African Americans is not as simple as you might think. Secondly, it will give you a feel about the average black person feels when the only options they have is one that doesn’t match their culture. You might get the feeling that wouldn’t it be nice for once to read articles about things that match your personal experience. And so you would realize how black people felt before all the things on that long list existed.

Don’t forget Black Friday: when will we get a White Friday?

Nothing, until other humans decide they won’t treat you as human.

Yawn

You tell 'em, Chingon!

See post #3 This was resolved 17 years ago