Would you be nervous if the President were personally, royally pissed off with you?

I seldom agree with Der Trihs, but he nailed this one.

It’s much better to use some common sense than to piss public officials off. Even down as low as the county level, if your commissioner has some grudge against you, he/she will find a way to make your life miserable.

People don’t run for public office for the money, it’s all about the power. I’m not afraid of any official, but to deny that they have the power to do you harm is to deny reality.

Me piss off a sitting president of the United States? Not if I can in any reasonable way avoid pissing him off.

Nah. Pissing off the President will mean nothing. Too public, like I’ve said. The lower you go on the food chain, and the less real power the people have, the more trouble they can cause you. I’d be a lot more concerned about a county commissioner than I would be about the President.

I would indeed be nervous. Keeping my federal job would be one concern, but I’d be more worried about being hauled off to a secret prison.

I’m such an adorable sweetie that a person would have to be quite unstable to become pissed off at me, royally or otherwise, so, yes, I would be nervous if such an unstable person were in power.

Well, should Obama manage to get elected, I have every intention of weaseling my way into the White House bowling alley and embarrasing him on the lanes, spiking the bowling ball and pointing and laughing at him.

I’ll let you know how that goes. :smiley:

Well, didn’t Sasha say that when her dad was mad at her, his solution was to talk, talk, talk at her?

So if Obama is elected, I’ll do everything in my power to avoid pissing him off, 'cause I don’t think I could stand to be lectured in that oh-so-reasonable voice of his! I’m getting agita just thinking about it!! :stuck_out_tongue:
But to answer the OP, yes I’d be nervous if the Prez was royally pissed off at me. He might not choose to screw with me, but he could. Whether he did it or not would depend on his good nature. And I’m not sure “good nature” and “the presidency” are really compatible.

And I’m with you on the Andrew Jackson thing, mbh. Guy was one scary mofo!