Would you buy Sampiros book?

Ah. So you’re saying Sampiro is ‘infectious’. Gottit. :slight_smile:

Yes, I would buy his book. If he needs help editing or publishing, I may be able to help or at least able to point him in the direction of those who can help.

Oh, and text-only ebooks are quite easy to make. :slight_smile:

Went to Meddlin’ Books (New & Slightly Used Books and Antiques), but there were NO books by Sampiro!

Had to buy another David Sedaris book.

It’ll do in the meantime…

Some of Sampiro’s post are so long, I feel like I’ve already read the entire book. But sure, I’ll definitely get the real thing.

Absolutely hell yes! I’ve loved Sampiro’s writing for years and he’s on the short list of posters whose threads I will always click on. When that book finally comes out, my Christmas shopping will be completely taken care of that year.

As a recovering former Keeper myself (who has thoroughly and vocally opted out of my presupposed designation as familial caretaker), I’d *definitely *buy the ebook.

Book?

Can I haz Book?

I’ll join you. He’s a nice guy, but I find his posts to be in tl;dr territory… I can’t imagine how it would be improved by being fleshed out in print. If he got a good, ruthless editor who could get rid of parentheticals and tangents, then it could be good reading.

Well it worked for David Foster Wallace, and look what happened to him.

Er hang on.

I will absolutely buy his book and any future ones as well. If i live long enough.

I enjoy Sampiro’s posts, but voted no because there is as yet no book to buy. Also - I am a cheap bastard and would have to wait until it was in the half-price paperback bin in order for me to even consider buying it.

I would happily borrow it from someone else, though!:smiley:

Oh hell yes. And I’d watch the HBO mini-series, introduced weekly by the man himself.

:smiley:

DFW is probably the main writer I think of when I think of bad, tangential writing.

What’s the book about? I haven’t seen a reference to it. I do enjoy Sampiro’s posts, so probably yes.

I rarely buy fiction but I would buy his book.

No. The idiotic detail in the tangents is hilarious. If anything, they enhance the main thread. Besides, that is how people think. Or at least how I think.

Of course I would buy the book. I would also forge his autograph after the lengthy (fake) dedication I’d inscribe in the front. How else am I supposed to brag about how well I know the author?

I’d buy at least two: one for me, and one for my mom.

Who cares if it’s a book on string theory? I’m there!

Plus it would be nice for him to be better off than his sister.