Would you explain cloning/synthetic biology to a 4-year-old?

That’s hilarious!

EDIT: Thanks for the heads-up; the factors you mentioned were only vague ideas in my mind but I did feel something was missing and that I was ignoring something, so I’m glad I now know what I was ignoring and what I need to include.

Extra edit to the edit: Just noticed your question on whether artificial wombs are underground or not. I would say artificial wombs are relatively common. There are actually two types of artificial wombs in-universe/in-story; one’s a machine/tank and the other’s a genetically modified animal. There are also surrogate mothers but women who agree to become surrogates usually help out infertile couples as they do in the present day rather than get pregnant with clones.

@**Penfeather **and @Boyo Jim: I just had to reply to your posts.

It will also not be commodified. But it will probably be secretly advertised in underground newspapers and code. “Join the Free Cuba Movement insert jokes here and defend your country! [sub] Oh and help us raise funds. We need money to replace our weapons and buy new ones. And run these ads.” [/sub]

And the need for weapons is part of why they’re running the ads in the first place…

And here’s a flag with Che’s image on it. In short, as Boyo Jim said earlier, there’s a lot of examples of things with [I} Guerrillero Heroico* on them for a Che clone to have a good idea what he would look like when he grew up.

My reaction on reading “show him all the stuff whivh already has his image on it” and “he’s gonna be bummed about the royalties” not to mention “That’s the reason for the revolution” :slight_smile: was a laughing fit. Lucky I wasn’t eating at the time, or this laptop keyboard would be ruined.

Also, thanks everyone for your suggestions and opinions!

I would not try or bother. There is no point.

I’m curious: Why would there be no point? Would there also be “no point” in telling a kid they were conceived through surrogacy or IVF/donor conception?